Rx Snorkel Masks

fly_widget

Does anyone know of a company that offers Rx snorkel masks as part of their excursion?

I contact Coral Breezes, but they don't. Lil' Alfonso is not returning my messages, so I don't know.

Or, does anyone know of a shop on one of the cayes that we could rent/buy before our snorkel trip? Or will they maybe have them on the ship for purchase?

Any help is appreciated!

Does anyone know of a company that offers Rx snorkel masks as part of their excursion?

I contact Coral Breezes, but they don't. Lil' Alfonso is not returning my messages, so I don't know.

Or, does anyone know of a shop on one of the cayes that we could rent/buy before our snorkel trip? Or will they maybe have them on the ship for purchase?

Any help is appreciated!

My husband has one. He got it through our local optician. I think anyplace that sells eyeglasses can order one in your prescription before you leave home. I think this is beyond the purview of tour operators.

I would agree. The mask is the most important part of the deal. It needs to fit properly. Get it at home where you can try it out. Doesn't take up much suitcase room. You can pick up fins with your tour operator/resort. I'd bring the snorkel tube as well, or at least some santitizing wipes to double clean the mouth piece.

You would be hard pressed to find ANY tour company that offers prescription dive/snorkel masks for rent. Its not something that any manufacturer makes that has lenses that are easily interchangeable... and everyone's prescription is unique.

Last thing you want to experience while in the water is vertigo or a headache.

Best thing for you to do is find an optician that can make one for you... It will last you for years... and you don't have to worry about a used mask that leaks or fits badly.

I have pretty bad eyesight and my mask is not prescription. I'm not sure at what point it needs to be for good snorkeling. Seems like the water gives some magnification or something. Also my husband dives and even though he is 61 and wears glasses he sees fine underwater. Can't explain it.

I have pretty bad eyesight and my mask is not prescription. I'm not sure at what point it needs to be for good snorkeling. Seems like the water gives some magnification or something. Also my husband dives and even though he is 61 and wears glasses he sees fine underwater. Can't explain it.

Water does provide some magnification. OP, is Snuba an option for you at any of your ports? One of Snuba's benefits is that you can wear eyeglasses under the "bubble" helmet they use. Looks to me like the same could be said for the motorized "mini subs" too.

Archived