FOD Party on the Westerdam

voyeurism26

This is kind of a follow-up on the thread that is titled "No FOD Party on the Zuiderdam" .

We just got off the HAL Westerdam on the 1/4/2005 sailing and we had an FOD party in the sports lounge at 7:30pm the day at sea. None of us requested it and it was automatically set up. WE all had a great time and I just want to say that HAL does not have any company policy regarding FOD parties on any HAL ship. Its up to the cruise director to make those decision and most cruise directors on HAL ships will post an FOD party. We never had any problems on a HAL ship regarding FOD parties requested or non-requested.

Hi All--I believe the poster who said that FOD parties are up to the cruise director. My partner and I sailed on a 14 day Alaska, R/T SF and were refused an FOD party. I wrote a letter of complaint to Holland America and received no response. My response to HAL--no more of my money. We are fans of Celebrity (no problem to date with having an FOD party) and will be trying Crystal this year.

Archived