Destiny Engine Issues

wanderlust402

A few weeks ago I had heard that Destiny was having some engine problems, and it sounds like the issue has recurrred. Does anyone have more news on this? I sail on 12/19.

Hi everyone... Just wanted to let you know I am on the Destiny now. We are having "propulsion" problems and did not make it to Grand Turk today. Instead we have a sea day. Tommorrow instead of sea day we are going back to Nassau (we were there on Monday). The first announcement from the capt said we would be arriving to Miami late on Sat at around 9:30am. The last announcment said 8:00am arrival to Miami. Hopefully we are not too late so that it does not delay your embarkation. Other than this little snafu we have been having a great time. Half moon Cay was wonderful. Too bad we could not go back there tomorrow.

"I am on the destiny now. We have propulsion problem. Did not make it to Grand Turk today. Instead have a sea day. Tomorrow we go back to Nassau. (only till 1pm) We were in Nassau on Monday. The original announcement from the capt. said we would be arriving in Miami at 9:30am on Saturday. Second announcement he said we would arrive around 8:00am ("due to many early flights"). So either way we will be arriving late to Miami.

So far the cruise has been nice. Half Moon Cay was wonderful. Too bad we could not go back there tomorrow."

Enjoy your trip.

Just wondering if anyone knew anything or what was meant by, "trying to make it back to Miami"

It means the itinerary has been changed for the cruise. Word is that it may not sail but that is just a rumor.

Never again. Never again will I use Carnival. I called yesterday when the problems surfaced and they said nothing was wrong. I could have gotten a late booking on RCCL if they had told me the truth.

They are giving a $50 credit. Big deal. The better cruise on RCCL was $80 cheaper and had a stop in Key West

It means the itinerary has been changed for the cruise. Word is that it may not sail but that is just a rumor.

Never again. Never again will I use Carnival. I called yesterday when the problems surfaced and they said nothing was wrong. I could have gotten a late booking on RCCL if they had told me the truth.

They are giving a $50 credit. Big deal. The better cruise on RCCL was $80 cheaper and had a stop in Key West

This is the third post I've read from you now that has the exact same quote. I'm sorry you are disappointed but there isn't much you can do, why not make the best of it? I have heard Half Moon Cay is unbelieveably beautiful, enjoy your time there. I hope that you can enjoy yourself after all!

I am going to try and make the best of it. I am trying to inform people that may not know instead of BSing about what ship has the best coffee or if there was a bug on the toilet.

I plan on having a great time.

Moe stay away from the coffee on Princess. It's really horrible. :mad:

I am going to try and make the best of it. I am trying to inform people that may not know instead of BSing about what ship has the best coffee or if there was a bug on the toilet.

I plan on having a great time.

LOL some people really do complain about the silliest things! I'm sure you will have a great time, although I can definitely tell you that if I was sailing to islands I was really excited about and they were cancelled, I would be really upset as well. Please let us know how Half Moon Cay is, I've seen pictures that look amazing!

We were suppose to be on the the Saturday 11/20 cruise and I got the call from Carnival today that they were changing the itinerary from Ochos Rios and Cayman Islands to Half Moon Cay & Nassau. We are not great fans of Nassau and the weather forecast for the Bahamas is showing rain on the days we would be there so we went ahead and cancelled. If we would have gone we would have made the best of it and had fun but we prefer to wait on an itinerary we would enjoy more. Hope everyone that goes has a blast.. Now I have to figure out what to do for Thanksgiving..

Well I just heard from a stingray excursion company that had previously told me they were full for the morning tour..just emailed me and said that Destiny canceled their stop in Grand Cayman's for Tuesday..so looks like something is going on.

We are cruising 12/14, I hope they get it fixed by then. We booked this cruise as an early saver discount and can't cancel or we will lose our money. Wonder if they will refund money to early savers if they change the route? We are going to Nassau and Half Moon Cay but I REALLY wanted to go to Grand Turk.

I got off the Destiny this morning. We arrived to port around 7am or so. First passengers off the ship around 8:15am. The problem with the engine was not yet fixed. I was told that the ship did not have to go into dry dock to fix the problem, but that it could be fixed from within the ship. They attempted repair while we were in Nassau yesterday and again were going to work on it today. We did notice a good bit of vibration yesterday and last night. (Especially in the rear of the ship). I was also found out that due to only running on one engine they cannot put the ship on autopilot and have to steer manually and the max speed is approx 11 knots.

Nice! I didn't even know this site existed.

I see she arrived about 5 hours later than normal. I wonder what time she'll leave and whether or not they'll resolve the engine issues. Fingers crossed!! :)

Please note Destiny, under hALF speed, chugged into Miami at 8:00 am on Saturday after spending a second short visit in Nassau instead of Grand Turk. Also note that the problem is recurring and will not be fixed quickly as they like to indicate....i was told by onboard staff that the permanenet repair will likely require drydocking again

We just called Carnival as we are booked in Dec on the Destiny and are quite concerned about this cruise. We book what we book so that we can go to the ports chosen....other than weather related changes, there is no excuse not to inform the passengers in ADVANCE. We called to find out the TRUTH....hahaha.....after being transferred to guest services they denied ANY knowledge at ALL of ANY issues with the engines etc, or the possible need to dry-dock to repair them, nor do they even admit to the changes in itinerary on the Destiny.....aarrrgghhh! At least some honesty would go a long way in helping their customers make decisions in advance. We need to fly half way across the country to get to a port and some notice (more than the day before in a phone call) would go a long way towards decent "customer service".

Archived