what benefits in the junior suite

Ottawa Lynne

I have a gty for the lowest suite...but I can't figure out what benefits I get other than a larger room and a bathtub (am I missing a link somewhere?)

specifically:

1. Do I get special boarding priviledges? (special line, place to wait?)

2. Can I book specialty restaurants in advance?

I'm presuming no concierge which is fine and know there is no butler.

We're hoping to get bumped up because there are no AGs left on the ship.:rolleyes:

an excited Lynne in Ottawa

We're hoping to get bumped up because there are no AGs left on the ship.:rolleyes:

an excited Lynne in Ottawa

With an AG guarantee and all AGs booked up, any bump up will still be in the Mini Suite category. Guarantees stay within the category (inside to inside, ocean view to ocean view, balcony to balcony, mini suite to mini suite). And....someone may cancel an AG or get up-sold, making an AG available for you. Plan on a mini-suite and learn about them so that you know what to expect. They are bigger than a balcony and so is the balcony itself. You get the same perks as a balcony, including 48-hour advance reservations, a robe and so on.

With an AG guarantee and all AGs booked up, any bump up will still be in the Mini Suite category. Guarantees stay within the category (inside to inside, ocean view to ocean view, balcony to balcony, mini suite to mini suite). And....someone may cancel an AG or get up-sold, making an AG available for you. Plan on a mini-suite and learn about them so that you know what to expect. They are bigger than a balcony and so is the balcony itself. You get the same perks as a balcony, including 48-hour advance reservations, a robe and so on.

I definitely agree that the OP will most likely end up in a mini-suite (probably an AF). However, it is not true that all "guarantees stay within the category". People do get free upgrades from insides to oceanviews, oceanviews to balconies, etc. It's not likely and it doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

In this case, since any upgrade would be a significant move up to a real suite, I agree that the OP should expect to be assigned to an AF or AG. Any upgrade would probably involve an upsell to a suite and even that is unlikely.

On the SKY there was a separate boarding area for Balconies and on up. We were also allowed to have breakfast in the Palace dining room, again only for balcony and higher. Of course, that doesn't mean it's the same on whatever ship you're on.

Anyone have similar experiences on the Star? Or is this an unusual perk?

Will they let us know our mini suite room number before I go on board?? I'm booked as GTY AG. Leaving Dec 6th. It really doesn't matter to me just a little concerned about the luggage. Thanks for the info!!

Check you e-docs again. You may have a cabin assigned by now. If not, you will definitely be told when you get to the pier. Have fun!!!

Anyone have similar experiences on the Star? Or is this an unusual perk?

I think they terminated this program. We had it last year in a balcony but didn't get this month in a mini-suite. Too bad, it was a nice option.

I booked a BE GTY and got upgraded ( free) to an AF...I was realy please but no extra perks that I found out about on the Jade

I am thinking of booking an AE GTY ...I have never seen suites (even the lower ones) on GTY before so it might be interesting to see what we get

I booked a BE GTY and got upgraded ( free) to an AF...I was realy please but no extra perks that I found out about on the Jade

I am thinking of booking an AE GTY ...I have never seen suites (even the lower ones) on GTY before so it might be interesting to see what we get

I've never seen NCL offer a GTY for suites.

Which ship are you looking at? The Sun may offer a GTY on the AE category because on this ship the AE is a mini-suite (same as an AF on other ships) and not a full suite.

Actually, I checked a sailing of the Gem in the Med., for next October, and the NCL website is offering a guarantee for both AE and AD suites! So keep looking - it appears that NCL is offering guarantees in some ful suite categories!

That would be nice for people like me who don't really care too much if I have an AE, AD, or AC and just want the best suite price. If they're doing this I'm guessing it is to shift people into the ACs that don't fill up while still being able to show that AE's and AD's are available. If you don't like being at the front of the ship with the forward facing balcony, then I would book the AE or AD that you want.

Archived