Cheap Flights to Miami in Feb

Colts Fan1

When will you be going and do you need a round trip or OW? I get alerts from several different online agencies. Try AirFareWatchdog and BookingBuddy, along with the normal consolidators. You can enter your departure city and where you are going with your dates and they will send you alerts when the rates change. We were able to get air to Ft Lauderdale cheaper than flying into Miami for our upcoming PC cruise in January. When you look at the rates be sure to figure in any baggage fees. ;)

Don't forget that the Super is in Miami this year, 2nd weekend in Feb I believe.

Yeah we discovered that AFTER booking our Pearl cruise. We depart Feb 6 and the superbowl is Feb 7. Hotels and flights are at a premium. We nixed the idea of flying and are now driving (though we are not as far as some) Hotel we booked in Boca Raton to get a reasonable price and vacancy.

Really hoping we can find cheap flights to Miami. Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

The flights are jacked up in Feb....not only the second week, but the weekend going into the 3rd week is horrible. I can't think why, other then it's Canadian University reading week for a big chunk of schools. The boat show in Miami? who knows.

Just keep looking. I've seen them drop to 200ish and upto 500ish over a period of time. Up and down.

Don't forget that Daytona 500 is also sometime in February and can drive airline prices up. I have found that if I purchase 2 one-way fares it's often a lot cheaper...don't know why... Also, Southwest has some decent deals as does Air Tran...I would check those. Another hint...flying into Fort Lauderdale may save you a bunch of money (that's what we're doing)...there are many companies that offer shuttles to the port at a reasonable cost.

-Joanne

Really hoping we can find cheap flights to Miami. Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

Hard for folks to help with such limited information.

When will you cruise. When will you return. How many days extra are you willing to spend on either end. What city are your flying from. What other cities are nearby that you might drive to. Are you able or willing to fly into FTL vs Miami

But - with all that said, check any of the larger online travel agency web sites and pick different dates to see. And as mentioned, check hotels for different dates.

We are flying down for our cruise the week of the 13th...let me tell you, from the northeast is is outrageous! I'm a teacher, so we really have no other option though..

Anyways, we combated it slightly by searching for other airports and flying in on Thursday versus Friday. Check flying into FLL too, it was cheaper some ways as well.

Archived