Formal Nights

bee-ess

Thou haveth four, no more, no less. Four shall be the number thou shalt have, and the number of the having shall be four. Five shalt thou not have, neither have thee three, excepting that thou then proceed to four. Six is right out. Once the number four, being the fourth number, be reached, then dresseth thou shalt thy never again in a penguin outfit.

• 1 month later...
We are on Ventura N005 26th Feb 2 Weeks Caribbean - quick question, does anyone know how many formal nights we will have ?

Hi

I was told by P&O 4 formal nights, 4 semi-formal and the rest smart casual. There was no mention of theme nights that I have read about on here.

I am a first time cruiser and can't see a roll-call for the N005 and also gettting rather confused with all the trips that you can take, which ones can be arranged by ourselves etc :eek:. Think I will have to just 'plod on' - unless there are some well travelled folk on here that can help me :D:D.

Brenda

Hi

I was told by P&O 4 formal nights, 4 semi-formal and the rest smart casual. There was no mention of theme nights that I have read about on here.

I am a first time cruiser and can't see a roll-call for the N005 and also gettting rather confused with all the trips that you can take, which ones can be arranged by ourselves etc :eek:. Think I will have to just 'plod on' - unless there are some well travelled folk on here that can help me :D:D.

Brenda

Looks like I was a bit slow with my answer!!

You don't have semi-formal on a Caribbean fly-cruise, so long trousers and an open-necked shirt (long or short sleeved) for men on the ten smart casual nights is all that is required. Some men take a tie, and some a jacket, especially if they are planning to eat at a select dining venue but this is purely a personal choice.

On the four formal nights the majority of men will wear a dinner jacket and bow-tie, and the rest will wear a lounge suit with a tie.

Your daily newspaper which is delivered to your cabin each evening will tell you the dress code for the following day, as well as all the other information you need to know. Required reading in bed last thing at night!

Carol x

You don't have semi-formal on a Caribbean fly-cruise, so long trousers and an open-necked shirt (long or short sleeved) for men on the ten smart casual nights is all that is required. Some men take a tie, and some a jacket, especially if they are planning to eat at a select dining venue but this is purely a personal choice.

On the four formal nights the majority of men will wear a dinner jacket and bow-tie, and the rest will wear a lounge suit with a tie.

Your daily newspaper which is delivered to your cabin each evening will tell you the dress code for the following day, as well as all the other information you need to know. Required reading in bed last thing at night!

Carol x

Sad or what...we look forward to the daily newspaper sheet before bed!!

The trouble is on such a large ship as Ventura where there is such a lot going on it is all too easy to miss something you would have enjoyed. My friend is seriously considering packing a highlighter pen to help her plan her daytime and evening entertainment!

If you are booked on a morning excursion you need to check the meeting time the night before. If it's an early departure you've then got time to order room-service breakfast if you want.

Carol x

The trouble is on such a large ship as Ventura where there is such a lot going on it is all too easy to miss something you would have enjoyed. My friend is seriously considering packing a highlighter pen to help her plan her daytime and evening entertainment!

Carol x

We've decided to do the same, two different colours - his and hers!

Archived