Freedom Class Large OV forward cabin info...

njmomof2

Has anyone ever booked any of these cabins on a Freedom Class (they are Cat F Large OV)? I am looking at some on the Liberty and they are all located up in the bow (where I've never booked). The ones on Deck 9 look good and seem a bit bigger on the deck plan, but I cannot figure out what is above this part of the deck up on Deck 10. It appears as blank space on the deck plans.

Someone told me that they think it is the bridge, which I would imagine is quite a bit less noisy than being under the WJ or spas but I'm just trying to get some accurate information before I go and book one.

Anyone with information about these cabins would be helpful. Thanks.

Yes--that's the bridge, but there's really very little noise that comes from above, on any deck or area of the ship.

The only downside, IMO, is being so far forward....in rough seas, that part of the ship takes the brunt of any wave action...it can be pretty rocky.

They are actually 4G cabins, since the view is considered obstructed by the railings of the little deck in front of the windows. the bridge would be below you, nothing is above. Be aware that those two cabins are like HC cabins, large bathrooms, small storage space. EM

There are no 4G category cabins on RC Freedom Class ships...you must be thinking of Carnival.

The cabins I'm interested in are on Deck 9. The bridge looks to be above it on Deck 10. I spoke with a rep who said that it's the bridge as well as officer/captain's quarters so I think noise won't be an issue, although movement might be.

Website is indicating no obstruction out of the windows. I think we might book it and then wait and see what the D1 cabins do price wise.

Archived