Karaoke on the Gem?

C&F

We are Princess passengers trying Norwegian for the first time. Princess has its Pop Idol competition and regular karaoke on other nights. I always partake in these and was wondering if Norwegian Gem will have something similiar. Even if it not a competition, do they have regular karaoke on the Gem?

Also, do they have live music? I know they probably have the standard Caribbean type band, but do they have a rock/pop cover band onboard?

Thanks,

Freddie

I have been on the Gem twice and have not seen karaoke. Maybe I missed it?

However, there is a lot of live music on board. There was a great Caribbean band, the Gem show band (oldies, standards), a rock/pop cover band, two different piano player/singers, and a classical quartet. In 2008 there was a rock/pop guitarist instead of the classical.

Karoke is pretty standard every day on all NCL ships. Sometimes it's "family Karaoke" and might even be during the early evening hours. Other times it's "adult Karaoke" and is at night. It will be listed in the Freestyle Daily(the ships newspaper)

I've never seen an actual contest however, they normally do have a passenger talent show. Sometimes they pick a winner, and sometimes it's just a talent show and everyone gets a prize for entering. Of course, the talent show is more then singing...it's a variety of acts. I'd suggest that if you have your own Karaoke CD, you bring it with you in case there is a talent show and you decide to do it.

There is also live music all over the ship....rock, jazz, etc. so you should be able to find music that you enjoy.

CG

Sailed the Gem, western Med. in Sept. There was "cat-skinning" I mean Karaoke almost every night in the early evening I'd say around 9:00, and a karaoke idol competition near the end of the week.

LMAO!! I totally get it!! True often, but I have also heard some great singers onboard.

Thanks for all of the replies. I am looking forward to the cruise.

Freddie

Archived