Any other "crazies" cruising this upccomming hurricane season?

tbtma

Hi guys, just wondering if there are any other folks crusiing during the "height" of the hurricane season. We have cruised twice before in late august and it was fine, but with all the storms last year, Im just keeping my fingers crossed once again.

Cruising with my husband and 13 yr old daughter on Valor aug 28th, cant wait!!

Bonnie

Yeah...that would be us! :rolleyes: We've only cruised twice...both times in mid-June and had perfect weather. This time we are taking the family and in order to work around everyone's schedule (and save a few bucks) we are cruising in mid-August (on the Victory).

I know we are taking a chance, but I have already purchased travel insurance and will also keep our fingers crossed.

Hey guys, as a Floridian who went thru all those things last year, I'd rather be on a cruiseship than sitting home watching the tv and worrying about it. In spite of all the storms last year, and PLEASE, don't let it be a repeat, I think the only problems were logistic, missing some ports, etc. I think you all will be fine.

hurricane season and never encountered one until last year with Ivan. They had to change our ports of call from Cozumel and Playa del Carmen to Veracruz and Costa Maya, which was fine with us since we had never been to Veracruz before. When Ivan neaded towards New Orleans, we had to cruise around the gulf until the port of N.O. was cleared. So we had an extra day of cruising at no charge. You must remember these ships have the most modern weather equipment available and it is no way they are going to chance sending these multi-million dollar ships in danger. We were constantly reminded by the staff that the safety of the passengers and staff was their number 1 priority.You will have a great time, the worst thing is you might miss or change your ports. But. like I said, this was the first one we have encountered and we will probably schedule another this Sept. or Oct. Any other questions. please post or e-mail me. GOOD LUCK AND THINK POSITIVE.

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area and to tell you the truth I much rather be out on a cruise than sit here through a hurricane not mentioning 4 hurricanes this year we had to deal with. Cruise ships will alter their routes and avoid the bad weather. On PMC7704, sitting home watching tv....if your lucky to have tv, we had nothing no electric! So rather definately be on a cruise anytime.

We are booked on the Victory on July 3rd.....

Just go and enjoy the cruise, this past year was really a record for hurricanes especially hitting Florida, what are the chances of it happening again? Ok, if it does so at least were having fun right? :)

I got hit pretty hard by two of the four storms. I remember thinking during one of them how much I wished I was on a cruise right then. I haven't cruised during that time of year, but not because I'm afraid of storms, but more because It's so hot. It is a good time to go as far as $$ is concerned. As long as you don't mind some afternoon rains, the heat, and possibly mising a port if there is a big storm, or coming back late. You can't complain too much about that:)

We are gambling that our 9/15/05 cruise on the Ecstasy out of Galveston will be just fine. After all, four storms hit Florida this year, so I think the odds of them hitting hard on the Gulf Coast again any time soon are pretty slim.

The off-season rates couln't be beat. We got cat 12 rooms at amazing prices. Call your TA and check them out.

Then we are scheduled to go out of Galveston again in December on the Grand at some more amazing rates. Call your TA again! :D

I always cruise in hurricane season! The prices are unbelievable and so far, the weather has always been on our side. I remember reading about the various cruises that were affected by the hurricanes in 2004. Some people got shipboard credit and future discounts because of the changes that had to be made! The discount alone would be worth it to me. And I fully realize what can happen during hurricane season and can accept if my vacation is cut short or changed:D

Were hoping for some good pricing to come out of this :D ....

Nita

Hey you! I am still raving about our SOS cruise! Are you booking anything for 2005? My frined and I booked CCL Ecstasy in Galveston for this December. I can't believe I have to wait so long:(

Hey you! I am still raving about our SOS cruise! Are you booking anything for 2005? My frined and I booked CCL Ecstasy in Galveston for this December. I can't believe I have to wait so long:(

Hi how have ya been. We had such a great time on the SOS. We are booked for the 13th of Feb. on the Miracle out of Tampa. and were looking at May or Oct. for a short cruise.

Nita

All and all , Im not worried, as I said we have cruised twice during hurricane season and we lucked out, last year was unusual. I also wouldnt mind a few extra sea days , but we are cruising in very late august and school starts here in New York the day after we are supposed to get back. LOL Im sure my daughter wouldnt mind either!!

Bonnie

Hi how have ya been. We had such a great time on the SOS. We are booked for the 13th of Feb. on the Miracle out of Tampa. and were looking at May or Oct. for a short cruise.

Nita

I see that now...I should have looked at your signature:rolleyes:

You're lucky living in Florida...you have easy access cruisisng!

We had a great time on SOS as well. I read the first cruise after the drydock was a nightmare for some:eek: I'm glad ours was memorable.

Hi Bonnie. I guess half the cruisers every year fall into your "crazies" category, since cruise ships sail near full every week, and six months of that time is officially 'hurricane season'. ;)

Like so many others, I choose to cruise in the fall months. I live beachfront on the MS Gulf Coast, and I've said many times that I feel safer on a ship than in my own home during some of these hurricanes we've endured.

The best scenerio is - hoping the same areas will not be hit so hard again this year - BUT it could certainly happen. There is NO rhyme nor reason for hurricane's furies, directions, or landfall. Just be aware that the captain WILL take the ship out of harm's way.

Just enjoy planning for your cruise. Say a few prayers here and there. The weather will do whatever it does - period. You just get to roll with the punches. GOOD LUCK.:) I'm hoping for great weather for all cruisers this year!

I have cruised twice during hurricane season the first one in Sept. with the Glory Hounds didnt have no problem.

the second one with the Royal hounds we had towait out to sea two extra days (bummer) while Jeanne i think went thru the bahamas and into florida plus it sent us to miami instead of port canaveral for disembarking.

I will be on the Caribbean Princess with the Royal Hounds again in September so hopefully all goes well.

We just booked our cruise on the Conquest for Sept. 11.

Carnival will always do what is best for the passenger. The booking agent told me that if there is a bad hurricane at sea before we leave port, Carnival will re-book the whole cruise. And of course, if we are out at sea, they will re-route us.

I'm not too worried.

I have cruised twice during hurricane season the first one in Sept. with the Glory Hounds didnt have no problem.

the second one with the Royal hounds we had towait out to sea two extra days (bummer) while Jeanne i think went thru the bahamas and into florida plus it sent us to miami instead of port canaveral for disembarking.

I will be on the Caribbean Princess with the Royal Hounds again in September so hopefully all goes well.

Curious. How did everything work out as far as plane fare with the delays? If you didnt buy insurance, did Royal help people out at all?

One thing about Hurricane season, the prices are right. We skirted around jene last sept. I was bummed we missed the bahama's =but it was still the best cruise we have ever taken.

5 of the 6 cruises we've sailed so far were in Sept or Oct. The one coming up in 12 days will be the first one we've sailed in the winter. We have another one coming up in Oct. We missed Grand Cayman on our last one. We were supposed to sail out of Port Canaveral but because of "I don't even remember which hurricane" we couldn't. RC bused us down to Miami and then after our cruise the ship was able to return to Port Canaveral. With the difference in the prices after labor day, I think I can handle a little inconvenience.

Hi guys, just wondering if there are any other folks crusiing during the "height" of the hurricane season. We have cruised twice before in late august and it was fine, but with all the storms last year, Im just keeping my fingers crossed once again.

Cruising with my husband and 13 yr old daughter on Valor aug 28th, cant wait!!

Bonnie

We will be on the Valor too! The kids ages will be 10, 14, 15,17,18 (when we travel). We cruised last year August 28 - Sept. 4 and got an extra 3 or 4 days! But now after I showed the other people who will be coming with us pictures of the Valor we are having second thoughts about going on this ship. Don't like the decor at all. But as of now we are going to be on that cruise.

My family cruised on the Inspiration out of Tampa last year. We did the western Caribbean itinerary leaving at the end of August. Our 7-day cruise turned into a 9 and a 1/3 day cruise. It was great. The worst part was that they ran out of lobsters and bananas. Oh, and the $70 ship to shore call to United. We are taking the Destiny to the southern Caribbean the same week this year. No Worries Mon!

Archived