Is Cosol in St. Lucia as good as people say??

kellyrobin

hi texkan--we had to go by water taxi to get to the beach--the view getting there and while at the beach is awesome. the beach was in great condition. people had towels with them and sat on the sand for the hour we were there for. people also sat at the bar and ordred drinks and food.

hi texkan--we had to go by water taxi to get to the beach--the view getting there and while at the beach is awesome. the beach was in great condition. people had towels with them and sat on the sand for the hour we were there for. people also sat at the bar and ordred drinks and food.

Hi Piggey56,

Thanks for the info. What kind of boat was the water taxi - did you feel safe?

Have toured with Cosol in 2008 and we went to the beach but at that time tour groups where able to use the resort drive. Did the water taxi let you off at a pier or did you have to get in water and swim to shore?

Read that repairs are still on going to the area from the 2010 Hurricane and that the bathrooms are still in not good shape at the beach.

hi texkan--the water taxi fit the people in your van--about 8-9 people and you have to go ankle deep in water to get in and out of boat. we felt safe in the boat. The bathrooms are a little dirty but it's a bathroom used by a whole bunch of people from the beach and water. i've seen worse bathrooms in hawaii.

hi texkan--the water taxi fit the people in your van--about 8-9 people and you have to go ankle deep in water to get in and out of boat. we felt safe in the boat. The bathrooms are a little dirty but it's a bathroom used by a whole bunch of people from the beach and water. i've seen worse bathrooms in hawaii.

We have been to beach via van in 2008. Nice beach and small snorkeling area.

Will be interesting to access beach by water taxi. Looking forward to returning this winter.

Thanks for your help.

Just came back yesterday and we toured with Cosol in St Lucia. Well Cosol is a really good businessman. I am not sure if he drives a van himself but you see him at every stop where he makes sure everything is going according to plan. We were about 8 mini-vans ( 2 ships) and everything was planned so it would not feel crowded. For example half went to Jalousie Beach when the others viewed the volcano and then we alternated.

Bumpy was our guide and he was fabulous, friendly but classy. We had plenty to drink and plenty to eat. We were served a fabulous Carribean buffet at the beginning, it was the best food of the cruise !!!! At the end we also had warm bread with cheese, cookies etc.... Bumpy stopped often to talk about the nature and the island, it was the best tour in the islands and we have been on several. It is the only touor that I would do again !

Just came back yesterday and we toured with Cosol in St Lucia. Well Cosol is a really good businessman. I am not sure if he drives a van himself but you see him at every stop where he makes sure everything is going according to plan. We were about 8 mini-vans ( 2 ships) and everything was planned so it would not feel crowded. For example half went to Jalousie Beach when the others viewed the volcano and then we alternated.

Bumpy was our guide and he was fabulous, friendly but classy. We had plenty to drink and plenty to eat. We were served a fabulous Carribean buffet at the beginning, it was the best food of the cruise !!!! At the end we also had warm bread with cheese, cookies etc.... Bumpy stopped often to talk about the nature and the island, it was the best tour in the islands and we have been on several. It is the only touor that I would do again !

Thanks for your review. Cosol does know how to treat everyone so you will tour again with his company. How was Jalousie Beach ???

Thanks for your review. Cosol does know how to treat everyone so you will tour again with his company. How was Jalousie Beach ???

We thought the stop at Jalousie Beach was the closest thing to heaven we've experienced on earth. We weren't in the mood to snorkel or lay out on the beach, so we walked up to the bar, stretched out on this thick padded chaise under a fan, stared out at the pitons and the beautiful ocean and enjoyed a glass (or two) of wine! Like I said, heaven! By far, our favorite stop, on our favorite tour, on our favorite island!

Took a Cosul tour (actually his brother, Yellowbird, was the driver) on 1/20/2011. Best time we ever had. If you go to Cosul's website, everything he says there is the absolute truth. Safe, nice vans. Informative talk. Free beverages and food (you MUST try the fresh/hot bread and cheese). He is so much of a better deal that what was offered through the ship, and for about $5 LESS.

Cosul is an absolute deal. If I went back tomorrow, I would take his tour again.

Took a Cosul tour (actually his brother, Yellowbird, was the driver) on 1/20/2011. Best time we ever had. If you go to Cosul's website, everything he says there is the absolute truth. Safe, nice vans. Informative talk. Free beverages and food (you MUST try the fresh/hot bread and cheese). He is so much of a better deal that what was offered through the ship, and for about $5 LESS.

Cosul is an absolute deal. If I went back tomorrow, I would take his tour again.

Thanks for you all comments, we are thinking of booking them as well

Here are a few pictures from our tour with Cosol in November 2009. Pleased to see that he is still living up to his reputation. It was probably the best tour we've taken in 9 cruises to the Caribbean.

709034650_cR2Ud-L.jpg

Banana plantation stop

709036019_f8rgh-L.jpg

Lunch and bathroom break -make sure you have $1 for the bathroom

709036318_pRfut-L.jpg

One of the many views of the Pitons you will see

709038907_subKy-L.jpg

This was the boat we took to Jalousie. Unfortunately it rained and we weren't able to do any relaxing there.

I believe clicking on these photos gives you access to my photo site which has more St. Lucia pictures under Caribbean Princess November 2009.

We have them booked for our trip in Sept.

THAT BEACH LOOKS AMAZING!!!! I love what I call natural beackes. this is what I mean by a natural beach. I hat eit when I ask for a natural bach and I am taken to a beach with buildings everywhere adn developments etc. its like noone knows what a natural beach is. THIS is what i mean. WOW cannot wait and looks like Cosol gives a good taste of teh real culture there, My wife and I love exploring the cultures of places we visit.

Thank you for posting this ... I will be taking this tour in a couple of weeks and can't wait. Did they have water as one of the beverages? Also, was the beach trip cut short due to the rain? Did you do something else or did you still snorkel in the rain?

Thanks

We have this tour booked for our Feb. 15th cruise. We are planning on wearing our swimming suits under our clothes, but would like to be able to change out of wet suits into dry clothes after swimming/snorkeling....anyone been there recently and can you tell me if there are facilities to be able to do this?

We have this tour booked for our Feb. 15th cruise. We are planning on wearing our swimming suits under our clothes, but would like to be able to change out of wet suits into dry clothes after swimming/snorkeling....anyone been there recently and can you tell me if there are facilities to be able to do this?

There are small bathrooms on the beach.

One more question - for anyone who has rented the snorkel equipment at the Pitons/Jealousie Beach....does everyone get a new mouthpiece or what kind of sterilization procedures do they use? Wondering if we should bring along our own equipment or just rent it there....really don't want to drag ours along if they provide "safe" equipment.

One more question - for anyone who has rented the snorkel equipment at the Pitons/Jealousie Beach....does everyone get a new mouthpiece or what kind of sterilization procedures do they use? Wondering if we should bring along our own equipment or just rent it there....really don't want to drag ours along if they provide "safe" equipment.

Snorkel equipment is sterilized (sort of). I bring my own. Cosol has advised that snorkel equipment is $10 per person.

Hey, hjrell!

My husband and I will be on the Miracle with you and also with Cosol! We've heard such good things about him. Can't wait! I've heard there are places to change at the beach, but am not positive since I've never been there.

Hey, hjrell!

My husband and I will be on the Miracle with you and also with Cosol! We've heard such good things about him. Can't wait! I've heard there are places to change at the beach, but am not positive since I've never been there.

The bathrooms are on the beach are small. We were there in 2008 and returning in a month. Cosol advises to wear swim suits under clothing since the bathrooms are small and busy. Had read that some of the buildings on the beach were damaged during the hurricane but are or have been repaired/replaced. This is a beautiful beach. Hope you enjoy!

Archived