How do I find out if there's a special group on my cruise?

falfal2k2

So I read the other day on these boards that someone was on a Carnival cruise where over half of the cruisers were part of a Harley Davidson festival or conference or something. They had no idea of this beforehand.

I know lots of big groups, clubs, companies, etc. plan cruises - how would I find out if mine had a large group or conference planned? I'm on the Valor March 14-21. I wouldn't mind if there was one (depending on the group, it could make it ridiculously more fun), i'd just like to know beforehand :)

looked up your cruise and NAMBLA will be on board..not that one..the North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes...(southpark)

ok bad joke but i get your concern..would not want to share a cruise with certain groups that are out there..have heard about real estate groups that take over the ship and act like they own it

..would not want to share a cruise with certain groups that are out there..have heard about real estate groups that take over the ship and act like they own it

Shoot. On my last cruise, there was this *group* that took over the ship and acted like they owned it, too. Only difference was, this *group* consisted of this really b!tchy chick and her doormat husband. That was it. A group of 2. But, she sure was a force to be reckoned with! She started whining loudly during check-in and never once shut up until we were back home and through customs! Maybe her husband wasn't a doormat, but a saint! I know, if she were with me, she'd been tossed over on the first Fun-Day-At-Sea!!!

have heard about real estate groups that take over the ship and act like they own it

Just so long as they don't try and sell the cabins - I mean water-view sea condos with a location that's within walking distance to restaurants, shops, and daycare and come with full rights to use the community pools - to folks! :p

funny to talk about but sad to live through....makes me appreciate she who must be obeyed...although she is so nice she would not let me complain when the air conditioner vent in our room fell out and hit me in the head..she did not want the steward to feel bad

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I would be stoked if NAMBLA was there. My friends would be so jealous of my stories!

It's really not that I'm worried about the groups on board - I'd just like to know beforehand so I can either mentally prepare my husband (honey, these topics won't be funny for the next week...) or pack the correct items to infiltrate the group :)

funny to talk about but sad to live through....makes me appreciate she who must be obeyed...although she is so nice she would not let me complain when the air conditioner vent in our room fell out and hit me in the head..she did not want the steward to feel bad

I have a family member who used to refer to his now ex-wife that way (she who must be obeyed). I always google our cruises and have yet to come up with a really large group onboard. Funny thing is the family reunions can have the biggest impact on people as they tend to do things in groups of 10-15 people all day long and not just for special events.

Archived