Looking for Miami Hotel near shopping

MOTHEROFONE

We will be flying in early into Miami for our cruise. I need a hotel for the night before. I was hoping to find a place that has shopping/eating within walking distance and with an airport shuttle if possible. I have heard that Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon is close to shopping/eating. Is it within walking distance?

Any other hotel suggestions that have shopping/eating nearby? Have never left from Miami for a cruise so I know nothing about the area. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance :)

Shopping mall is across the street from Hampton Inn-Blue Lagoon. This is a local strip mall with a grocery store, drug store, Starbucks, and some other small local shops. There are also several fast food and nice dining options - Italian, Chinese, and a great Cuban place (Casa Juan). Good luck!:)

We stayed around the corner at the Homewood Suites last spring and a cab to POM was under $30 inlcuding tip. The front desk should be able to call for a cab when you are ready - the trip to POM will take 20-30 minutes depending upon traffic. Good luck!:)

We recently cruised for the first time out of Miami, and loved it. Have you looked into the Intercontinental Hotel on Chopin Ave.? It's expensive at first glance, but we got it for $99 on Easyclicktravel.com. Others get good deals on Priceline. Depends what time of year you will be there, as to the price you will pay. It's a gorgeous place, and 5-7 minute walk to the Bayside Marketplace. This is a waterfront sort of outdoor mall/shops/restaurants area. Lots of food and shopping choices. It's hot walking around there in the afternoon, but at night, it's great. They have free live entertainment on the week-end nights, right at water's edge. Had a great meal at the Mambo Cafe, outside, on the waterfront, watching expensive yachts drift by. It's a $24 cab ride from the airport, and a $10 cab ride across the bridge to the Pier.

It's a beautiful sail out of Miami. Worth being up on deck for.

Archived