Marriott Courtyard Venice

fllchick

I'll apologize in advance, because I know this has been discussed before, but I've searched and I can't find it.

Can anyone tell me how I would get from the Marriott Courtyard in Venice to the main area (St. Marks, etc). How long does it take?

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the link.....

I"m hoping to hear from someone who stayed at the courtyard before leaving on their cruise. I'm concerned about ease (and time) of getting from the hotel to venice and back, and then the ease of getting to the port for the cruise.

We stayed there last week. Got off the ship at 7am, took the shuttle to PR and caught the city bus to the airport. Ask the driver to let you off at the Marriott, it's the last stop before the airport - or you can double back. It probably took 30 minutes total. We caught the same bus back to PR then bought the day pass for the Vaporetta. If you take the fast line you will be in St Marks square in under 30 minutes. Hope this helps- have a great time!!

Thanks neverenoughtime.....please excuse my ignorance, but what is PR?

Did you stay at the courtyard before your cruise?

Thanks!

We stayed post cruise. If you are pre cruise, when you land, give a call and the free shuttle picks you up. The entire hotel revolves around cruisers so no worries. The front desk is fabulous, sells 12/24 hour public transportation passes, has maps, internet and is very helpful. Rooms are great!! Be prepared to stand in line ( only downside) as guests arrive in clusters. The public bus between the hotel and Piazzale Roma is frequent, safe and quick. You made a good choice!!

We stayed post cruise. If you are pre cruise, when you land, give a call and the free shuttle picks you up. The entire hotel revolves around cruisers so no worries. The front desk is fabulous, sells 12/24 hour public transportation passes, has maps, internet and is very helpful. Rooms are great!! Be prepared to stand in line ( only downside) as guests arrive in clusters. The public bus between the hotel and Piazzale Roma is frequent, safe and quick. You made a good choice!!

Thanks!

I was just concerned that it wouldn't be too difficult to get back and forth if I wanted to spend some time during the day in Venice, go back to the hotel and take a nap, and then go back out for dinner.

How easy is it to get from the hotel to the port?

It's not difficult, but it is time consuming to go back and forth. The public bus takes about a half hour, but you need to add wait time for the bus to arrive, plus the time to get from Piazzale Roma to whereever it is in Venice you want to be.

I can understand staying at the Courtyard for one night, pre or post cruise, but for a longer stay, unless it is significantly less in price, or you are using points, that location wouldn't be my choice.

We are at a hotel near PR pre and the Marriott post cruise. Does anyone know if breakfast comes with the Marriott if we use reward points? If it doesn't, does anyone know the price of the breakfast at the Marriott? Thanks

Where are you staying pre-cruise?

We are at a hotel near PR pre and the Marriott post cruise. Does anyone know if breakfast comes with the Marriott if we use reward points? If it doesn't, does anyone know the price of the breakfast at the Marriott? Thanks

I don't know about the Courtyard in Venice, but I do know that when using points for the Marriott in Naples breakfast is not included.

We are at the Best Western Olympia pre cruise. It is easy to get there from the airport, easy to see Venice from there and easy to get to the port. Trip Advisor has good reviews. We did get free drinks, snacks and breakfast with a point stay at the Hilton in Copenhagen pre cruise, but DH has a higher status with Hilton than Marriott.

Archived