Formal Nights

NJGRANNY

Yes, there definitely are formal nights on Costa. I believe there is one on a seven day cruise, two on a ten day, and three on a 14 day cruise. Dressing up is recommended, but it is not mandatory, and some people just do not want to participate.

That being said, I believe the percentage of (mostly European) passengers dressing up on Costa cruises is far higher than on other cruise lines (Although I don't know about the really high-end cruises.) Many of the men (perhaps 50-50%) wear tuxedos and suits and others wear sport coats. Many of the women are also really decked out. By contrast, on one NCL cruise, I believe I was the only one in the dining room with a tuxedo.

The Caribbean cruises could have a lower percentage of passengers dressing up on formal nights, because usually there are more Americans on these cruises.

Yes, there definitely are formal nights on Costa. I believe there is one on a seven day cruise, two on a ten day, and three on a 14 day cruise. Dressing up is recommended, but it is not mandatory, and some people just do not want to participate.

That being said, I believe the percentage of (mostly European) passengers dressing up on Costa cruises is far higher than on other cruise lines (Although I don't know about the really high-end cruises.) Many of the men (perhaps 50-50%) wear tuxedos and suits and others wear sport coats. Many of the women are also really decked out. By contrast, on one NCL cruise, I believe I was the only one in the dining room with a tuxedo.

The Caribbean cruises could have a lower percentage of passengers dressing up on formal nights, because usually there are more Americans on these cruises.

Will be doing Med cruise in January. Although 34th cruise, it will be first on Costa Line. Appreciate the info as not all cruise lines are the same as far as dress goes.

You will find some people will bother and others wont we have been to Captains cocktail party and men have worn Polo shirts andjeans Nothing is said but it is nice to wear something nice its part of your holiday I think you may find that there are 2 formal nights Ive done about 20 Costa cruises and 2 is usually a minimum for 7nights Enjoy yourselves Im sure you will

As a Costa fanatic the number of Formal nights given above is correct.

The number of Tuxes and cocktails dresses do outnumber the jacket & ties, but there is no set rules any more, mores the pity, I have seen jeans on formal night in the DR. But jacket and tie are not compulsory.

The general rules still apply, I have also seen unappropriate guests asked to change. (shorts, torn jeans)

The dinning rooms are rather elegant and although I have heard many things about the food, for one who hates Italian food, I never have any problems eating.

We love Costa, 15th one coming up.

Archived