Different Amuse on some nights in Pinnacle

Krazy Kruizers

We ate several times in the Pinnacle and several times we had a different amuse -- in other words -- not the same one each time.

Some of the ones we had:

Tuna Tartar

Demitasse size bowl: soup of mushrooms

Hot Salmon bite with vinegarette

Grilled Salmon bite with lobster sauce & shredded carrots and red peppers

OK, I admit it, I try to sound like I know everything a lot of times, but this time Krazy Kruizers had me!!:D

I had to do a google of Definiton of Amuse in food. And voila:

amuse-bouche • \AH-mooz-BOOSH\ audio.gif • noun : a small complimentary appetizer offered at some restaurants Example Sentence:

"Meals start with a complimentary amuse-bouche and basket of bread with a ramekin of herb butter." (Linda Bladholm, The Miami Herald, November 30, 2006) Did you know?

In French, "amuse bouche" means literally "it amuses the mouth." The French were using "amuse-bouche" as a word for appetizers when English speakers embraced the culinary term almost a quarter of a century ago. The French are more likely to use their term "amuse-gueule" for those tasty tidbits, however; and in English "amuse-bouche" has a special meaning. It's not just any appetizer! Typically, it's a tiny complimentary one that seems to have taxed the creative powers of the chef to the utmost for the amusement of the diners (e.g., a tiny beet-puree-filled taco; a tiny square of halibut-and-salmon cake; fig molasses on a tiny cube of goat cheese).

So there we have it.

Thank you Yonnie!! You have once again educated me!!:D

Joanie

Archived