Golden mini suites

LoveThisCruisingThing

Looking into the next cruise to Alaska. We are three people and going to get a mini suite. Are all the mini suites covered? If not, which deck(s) are UNcovered?

TIA

GRace

On the Golden Princess there were 12 mini's with covered balconies on the Emerald deck (AD). If I remember correctly, all others were uncovered.

If a covered balcony is important to you and you are able to book a specific category AD minisuite (those are the ones on the Emerald deck with the covered balconies) be sure to have your reservation marked "no upgrades" or else you may find that you have been upgraded to a higher category minisuite with an uncovered balcony.

If you end up with a mini on Emerald deck you may be under the Riviera Lounge. If you are under the stage it can be noisy until late at night when the last show ends. If you are an early bird at night that may not work too well for you. A lot of people like the Emerald minis.

If you end up with a mini on Emerald deck you may be under the Riviera Lounge. If you are under the stage it can be noisy until late at night when the last show ends. If you are an early bird at night that may not work too well for you. A lot of people like the Emerald minis.

Actually, you would be OVER the Vista Lounge.

If you are on the starboard side, you won't have any noise at all.

I was in a starboard mini 2 years ago and heard nothing from the lounge.

That said, I have the last mini on the port side booked for April......I guess I will find out about the noise!!:eek:

How about some input from anyone who has stayed in a mini on the port side on deck 8?

Looking into the next cruise to Alaska. We are three people and going to get a mini suite. Are all the mini suites covered? If not, which deck(s) are UNcovered?

TIA

GRace

We were on the Sapphire (mid ship) for a B2B in July and loved our Dolphin uncovered balcony. Yes you do have people above you but for me I didn't even notice they were there. Some people talk about trash from above but we never had a incident.

The sunshine (which we were very fortunate to have) felt good on cool days. You have 4 chairs and a table. It was perfect for us!:)

Actually, you would be OVER the Vista Lounge.

If you are on the starboard side, you won't have any noise at all.

I was in a starboard mini 2 years ago and heard nothing from the lounge.

That said, I have the last mini on the port side booked for April......I guess I will find out about the noise!!:eek:

How about some input from anyone who has stayed in a mini on the port side on deck 8?

:pWe were on the Ruby for its first Caribbean sailing this year on Oct. 25th. We were upgraded to port side cabin E730 and loved it!!! The noise issue some people refer to was almost nonexistent. We did hear some, but really had to strain to pick it up. We are both light sleepers and had no problems at all. To be honest, we never spent time in Club Fusion/Vista Lounge, so I am not sure how often a band might have been in there. I am sure you will love the cabin and especially the extended balcony.

I have always been able to find some shade on our balcony. We like to be midship so usually book on Dolphin deck. People aren't interested in looking down on you. They are looking at the view. You have one of the best views on dolphin because there are no decks jutting out below you. My spouse is alert to even the slightest noise and that's why we don't book on emerald deck. To me it wouldn't matter. I'd be happy anywhere on the ship.

:pWe were on the Ruby for its first Caribbean sailing this year on Oct. 25th. We were upgraded to port side cabin E730 and loved it!!! The noise issue some people refer to was almost nonexistent. We did hear some, but really had to strain to pick it up. We are both light sleepers and had no problems at all. To be honest, we never spent time in Club Fusion/Vista Lounge, so I am not sure how often a band might have been in there. I am sure you will love the cabin and especially the extended balcony.

Ah, thanks so much for that information!

I just figured that if there was a show going on in the Vista, I would probably be there watching it. When it was over, I could just go upstairs to bed:p...

I guess if I can deal with deck chairs and rolling carts over me at 5AM, (RCI) then I can handle a show or two under me.......

Archived