Adventure 11/15/09 sailing

MattSaw

Just got home from this sailing. Our group of 8 had a great time.

This ship has the most consistently friendly and helpful crew I have ever encountered.

Delfina and Vicky on the CD's staff made the events run by that staff (we love trivia, name that tune, and the like) great. They took a special interest in my daughter and parents, all of whom loved the special attention.

Someone told me that 2-3 weeks ago, RCI filled the ship by selling inside cabins for $200 pp, and balconies for $300 pp, to residents of Puerto Rico only. Is this true? Not complaining, just curious.

"Someone told me that 2-3 weeks ago, RCI filled the ship by selling inside cabins for $200 pp, and balconies for $300 pp, to residents of Puerto Rico only. Is this true? Not complaining, just curious."

This is a ludicrous urban legend. I live in San Juan and have cruised on the Adventure of the Seas three times. I have never seen such "special-fill-up-the-boats" deals for Puerto Rico residents. Never.

In fact, we're looking at a last minute cruise on the Serenade for either of the next three weeks and the rates are what they are, and they're available to anyone. The only discount I can take advantage of is the veterans discount, and that's just in limited categories.

MattSaw-

I have heard this for years through various posts and reviews that the residents of PR were given killer deals right before the cruise to avoid the ships sailing with empty cabins. Didn't realize it was Urban Legend.

Glad to read that you had a great cruise. I only have a few more weeks before I board AOS!

Archived