10:30 a.m. flight - Barcelona??

DP

We are curious about departure times as well, but to France instead of the U.S. Our desired flight leaves Friday morning at 10:30 am for CDG (Paris) on Air France. We are sailing on NCL so we will be using express walk off. Will we be subject to the dreaded 3rd security checkpoint? If so, how much time should we really allow?

No immigration - just one checkpoint.

IT'S NOT A FLIGHT TO THE US.

If you check in at 09.30 hrs it would be early enough...

Regards

HeinBloed

No immigration - just one checkpoint.

IT'S NOT A FLIGHT TO THE US.

If you check in at 09.30 hrs it would be early enough...

Regards

HeinBloed

When you say 9:30, do you mean at the gate or at the check-in counter? That is only 1 hour before flight time so I want to be sure.

When you say 9:30, do you mean at the gate or at the check-in counter? That is only 1 hour before flight time so I want to be sure.

"Sure" means you should not ask and the earlier the better...

but to make it easier:

I should be in a taxi at 08.45 hrs the cruise terminal on a weekday and 09.00 hrs on a weekend.

Latest check-in-time for Air France Flights out of European airport for European flights:

30 minutes...

Latest boarding time: 15 minutes...

With 09.30 hrs check-in time and 10.30 hrs departure time it's a normal time frame I would go.

As said: I would pre-book my taxi to be "sure" that I need not to queue up.

Regards

HeinBloed

"Sure" means you should not ask and the earlier the better...

but to make it easier:

I should be in a taxi at 08.45 hrs the cruise terminal on a weekday and 09.00 hrs on a weekend.

Latest check-in-time for Air France Flights out of European airport for European flights:

30 minutes...

Latest boarding time: 15 minutes...

With 09.30 hrs check-in time and 10.30 hrs departure time it's a normal time frame I would go.

As said: I would pre-book my taxi to be "sure" that I need not to queue up.

Regards

HeinBloed

Thanks for the additional info. We are so accustomed to U.S. check-in times being 1.5-2 hours. I still plan to be off the ship early just in case there are any hiccups. Great advice on pre-booking a taxi.

Greetings from Madrid.

Here in Europe (except for perhaps some of the mega airports like Heathrow), we don't need to worry about those horrendous check-in times that you folks are accustomed to in the United States.

Hein is absolutely correct. One hour is fine for check-in for an inter-Schengen flight which is legally a domestic flight.

You will have no problem, especially if you do on-line check-in and print out your boarding passes prior to the flight. Some airlines have a bag drop-off counter for this purpose.

You will go through the main security check, scanner, metal detector and go right to your gate. Period.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I was the original poster for this thread and thought I'd mention--in case anyone is flying to the U.S. and wonders--we had plenty of time. We left the ship at 6AM carrying our own luggage, plenty of cabs, were though the ticket desk checkin, the first security, and waiting for the dreaded 2nd security/pat down/go through your bags line before they opened at 7AM. We then had breakfast and were at our gate ready to go at 7:30, two and a half hours early.

NCL knows how to do debarkation. Hein said we could do it and he was right.

Jo Ann

I would like to know about the taxi's also. We are from the U.S. but after we dock in Barcelona we are taking a 10:00am flight to spend a week in Paris. Do we need to pre-book a taxi to the airport or are there many waiting at th dock like in the U.S.?

I would like to know about the taxi's also. We are from the U.S. but after we dock in Barcelona we are taking a 10:00am flight to spend a week in Paris. Do we need to pre-book a taxi to the airport or are there many waiting at th dock like in the U.S.?

Depends to the day of travel and to the number ships in town...

Generally you should be in a taxi at 08.30 hrs on Saturdays and Sundays to be right on time at the airport.

On a weekday I would try to be 08.15 hrs in a taxi.

But two influences:

1. how many other ships are in town

2. is it a Sunday??? Because on Sunday only 50% of all taxis are allowed to offer their services.

So if you get early enough from the ship and not after everybody finished his breakfast then you can handle it without pre-booking.

To be safe you can pre-book a car.

Regards

HeinBloed

Archived