Three triplets logistics questions

scm

As we near departure on our first Seabourn cruise (Legend, trans-canal), a few logistical questions have come up.

1. Anyone know the width of the closet door on the standard suites on the triplets? DW is considering bringing a soft over-door shoe organizer, and wanted to make sure it wasn't too wide.

2. Also a DW question -- I know there are three formal nights, and the rest are "either". Any definite knowledge of how many elegant casual and casual among the remaining 11 evenings? I can guess six and five, but it someone knew definitely, it would be an anxiety reducer. Any detail about the evening dress on this itinerary would be welcome -- like exactly which nights are formal? Glad I'm a guy, and can go with a tux, blazer, and multiple slacks, shirts, and ties. :p

3. Now a "me" question. The DVD players are DVD, not blu-ray, correct? Will lay in a stock from Netflix before departure, and want to get the right format.

I agree. You should be fine for a soft shoe organizer. We now bring two: one for the inside of the closet door for shoes (we could never find them on the floor of the closet) and another one with see-through netting for pockets that goes on the inside of the bathroom door for toiletries, meds, and, like ITravelNow said...for odds and ends.

A helpful tip ~~move the chair from under your vanity to the window (or door) and move one of the coffee table barell stools under your vanity. This adds space between the vanity and the bed.

Also, ask your Stewardess for a brown wicker laundry basket. (they deliver laundered shirts in these) Place the oblong basket on your vanity for your make-up or whatever ~~!

I usually take a WalMart rubber door stop ~~for the closet OR it's nice to slide it under the door if you expect room service or for sailmates dropping by for a chat! (buy the set of 2 then give one to your neighbor)

Have a wonderful sailing ~:p

Happy Thanksgiving

Martita B.

As to your formal evenings, the 1st night is casual, the 2nd evening is formal. When you arrive in your suite the Seabourn Herald will be waiting for you ~~there will be a list of ports, formal nights, etc., etc. in the ship's paper. Club Reception will be a formal night, then later a "Captain's Farewell Party." Formal evenings on Seabourn are so special and much fun ~~everyone looks so classy and chic.

Another tip: as I don't care for the new HUGE plastic wine goblets up in the Sky Bar (a big 200 pound muscle brute-man might enjoy these glass, I can't even lift them:eek:) so I take a few plastic small wine glasses from home ~~! The Bartender's keep the glasses for me behind the bar. Simply slip a couple of small wine glasses in your luggage ~~Voilla!:p

Have a grand cruise!

Martita B.

I am quite uncomfortable with the glasses in the bathrooms, so get an old fashioned-sized plastic one from the bar and use it instead. I know, my bathroom would have been riddled with broken glass when the rogue waves hit, for sure. I worry about dropping one with a wet hand. Yes, I know there is a lovely holder in the cabinet for it, but I don't always remember to re-place it there. It's not convenient.

Archived