Where to eat in FT lauderdale

nygirl07

If you can get yourself over to Las Olas, there are a bunch of really good choices, including a Cheesecake Factory if you like that chain. My fav is Johnny V's. They have an amazing assortment of exotic cheeses and do a terrific wine and cheese pairing.

There is also a Bubba Gump's for cheaper fare right on A.1.A.

I guess there is a lot of people staying at the Hilton Marina ... incl. me.

But its good to know there is good dinning option near by. I have heard a lot of good about The Cheesecake factory, but I haven't eaten there myself.

hi,

i am staying there to.

thanks

jhetin32

I guess there is a lot of people staying at the Hilton Marina ... incl. me.

But its good to know there is good dinning option near by. I have heard a lot of good about The Cheesecake factory, but I haven't eaten there myself.

I personally don't think The Cheesecake Factorys food is worth the price you pay. The dessert is great but food is not that great IMHO.

I personally don't think The Cheesecake Factorys food is worth the price you pay. The dessert is great but food is not that great IMHO.

The only experience I have with CCF is in Tampa....and if it's anything like that (which I would have to imagine it is) I have to totally agree.....PPPPPPaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... If you are going to spring for that you might as well go a bit more for the real thing and go to Capital Grille....NOW THAT'S GOOD FOOD:)

The only experience I have with CCF is in Tampa....and if it's anything like that (which I would have to imagine it is) I have to totally agree.....PPPPPPaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... If you are going to spring for that you might as well go a bit more for the real thing and go to Capital Grille....NOW THAT'S FOOD:)

Ya most CCF I have been too have been the same, and it wasn't by choice. Haha They should just stick to there name and make desserts ;)

We are staying at the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale and will have a car. Can someone reccommend a nice place to eat where we can sit outside and have some scenery to look at like the water or something.

Preferably a seafood place or something nice but not like super fancy where we would have to dress up a lot.

We will have a rental car so driving is not an issue, willing to go pretty much anywhere in the area.

I have eaten at many spots in FLL and was really disappointed by many places. We had one really nice meal on Los Olas , but very $$ for the quality. We had dinner at Bimini Boatyard, but it was average. The best meal I've had, and will go back in January, is Coco Asian Grill. It was fantastic.

I refuse to go to a chain restaurant. Cheesecake factory...tried it twice- hated it. Big HUGE plates of greasy food. There's a little Mexican restaurant next to the Embassy suites that's pretty good and reasonable, if you're trying to save $$.

I hink if you book a package with RCCL you end up staying at the Hilton Marina, a it is a big pre/post cruise hotel.

Is there anything within waking distance? We are flying in from the UK and will have been traveling for about 13 hours so we dont what to go to far from our hotel.

CK x

I love the Rustic Inn out by the airport. We always eat outside there. Not much on the "world famous garlic crabs", but love everything else. Not a romantic place at all, very loud most of the time. My mother lived in Miami for 20 years and we never missed The Rustic Inn. I'm with LLindaC, Bimini is ok. It is very close if you're staying at Renaissance. Service is not tops there. I love Los Olas also. ..nice place to just walk, sit and have a drink or a meal. I really like CCF, but much prefer an outside on the water option. Go over to the East coast departure board. There is a person who lives in FLL that gives you all types of options on that board.

We are staying at the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale and will have a car. Can someone reccommend a nice place to eat where we can sit outside and have some scenery to look at like the water or something.

Preferably a seafood place or something nice but not like super fancy where we would have to dress up a lot.

We will have a rental car so driving is not an issue, willing to go pretty much anywhere in the area.

Charley's Crab is a great choice for seafood. About a 15 minute drive.

A few more: Shooter's- On the intercoastal just south of Oakland Park Blvd. Aruba- At Commercial and the ocean.

Catfish Deweys- Andrews Ave on northside of Ft. Lauderdale.

Toojays- Jewish style delis in Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Lake Worth. Enjoy

The 15th Street Fisheries fits the bill. It's within walking distance of Renaissance Hotel and you can opt to eat very casually downstairs or a more extensive menu upstairs (both venues are casual, you don't have to dress up). And it's right on the intracoastal waterway, so the views are excellent. We eat here all the time when we're in Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived