Anyone on splendor gone on a whale watching excursion in cabo?

eggypann

Will be on the Splendor next February and would really like to do a whale watching/sailing excursion out of Cabo but the limited time in port has me worried. We're only there from 7 to 3 and since the port involves tendering there's even less time. Is there really enough time to do this or should I figure something else out? Thanks!

We haven't done it through the Splendor, but last year we did a "Seenic tour and whale watching" from Celebrity. We were cramed onto a double decker boat and they went about 1 mile out and there was one whale and her baby, my husband had to hold his camera over top of all the peoples heads! It was shorter than it said too. We are now thinking of taking one from Puerto Vallarta, we hope it will be better. I think the zodiac ones you see more.

Check out Pez Gato. We're on the Splendor 12/13 and I've booked with them. Lots of positive feedback on these boards and Trip Advisor, and Melanie, who I've dealt with via e-mail, has been fabulous in responding to my questions/concerns re: timing, etc.

I'll come back when we return and give a full report! ;)

If you are worried about the timing, do a cruise from the ship. They will not leave you there- the one real advantage to the inflated prices. We did the zodiac tour from the Elation two years ago and it was great. Not cheap, but we had a wonderful time and saw lots of whales and also dolphins. The people who had gone on the catamaran also said they had a great time. We mostly went to the Pacific side, they went to the Sea of Cortez. We will be there end of March and are debating which to do. The zodiac is quicker and can chase whales and you really are right there. But the Sea is warmer and I think may offer some snorkeling.

Archived