QM2 Christmas decorations are now up

southwestie

Absolutely agree. Biggest complaint I had on my previous QM2 cruises was the flea market that took over that beautiful main deck. Shame on them.

The flea market was very much in evidence day after day on our recent Caribbean cruise and like the OP said paper flyers were all over the floor everywhere. It looked really awful.

This reminded me of something which took place there one morning before they set up the stalls: hundreds of people were milling about in the main hall/Chart Room/Sir Samuel's area; there was a huge backlog of people due to tender/jetty problems and they were yelling at us to keep the main hallway clear and to crowd into the two rooms to the sides. They just kept shouting at everybody over the loudspeakers to keep the hall clear because of health and safety reasons.

Seems to me that health and safety go out the porthole when there is a buck to be made when they are happy to block the halls with the market stalls during the day and block the halls with tripods and cables at night to take expensive photographs. Cunard please take note.

. They just kept shouting at everybody over the loudspeakers to keep the hall clear because of health and safety reasons.

Seems to me that health and safety go out the porthole when there is a buck to be made when they are happy to block the halls with the market stalls during the day and block the halls with tripods and cables at night to take expensive photographs. Cunard please take note.

Block the Halls with piles of cheap tat

Tra la lal la lah Tra lal lal lah.

Cunard know the way to do that

Health & Safety Well what of it

Tra la lal la la Tra LAL la lah

As long as we can turn a profit

TRA LA LAL A LAH TRA LAL LA LAAAAH!

A Carolling Gari

A Carolling Gari

Now THAT'S my kind of carol. :D.

(I preferred the way things were done on QV, the sales tables were set up well away from the Grand Lobby and major passageways. Unlike QM2 where, as others have observed, they fill the walkways with obstructions. The photographers were another matter, they do get everywhere in the evenings on both ships, with their cables, backdrops and lightstands. Trying to ensure you're not walking between them and their victims can involve some major detours).

A humbugged

A Carolling Gari

Goodness me, it looks like a branch of "Morrisons".....! All they need is the "Pie Shop" at the end top complete the effect.

I was talking of Christmas decorations to others last night, and talked of Chatsworth House in Derbyshire and the atmosphere created in the house, grounds, stables and farm shop at this time of the year, it is truly remarkable and well worth a visit.

I've seen pictures of the Christmas decorations (in previous years) on board QM2 and do think they, like Chatsworth's, are very well done and understated. One day I would love to be on board QM2 over the holiday season to see them for myself.

Of course, I would be very aware that some of the staff and crew who are serving me or ensuring my safety and comfort during that holiday, would prefer to be at home with their families, having a good time as well (I realise there are many faiths reperesented on board).

I wonder if someone who has been on-board either QE2, QM2 or QV can tell us all what Christmas Day itself is like, the atmosphere and the celebrations. I, for one, would find it very interesting to hear all about it.

I wonder if someone who has been on-board either QE2, QM2 or QV can tell us all what Christmas Day itself is like, the atmosphere and the celebrations. I, for one, would find it very interesting to hear all about it.

I think that SeaMatesNYC and some other of our good friends will soon be able to give us a first hand account since they will be boarding on 12/20.

I think that SeaMatesNYC and some other of our good friends will soon be able to give us a first hand account since they will be boarding on 12/20.

Would be happy to share our experiences. Will try to post something during, if not, upon return. It has been reported by past Cunard holiday voyage passengers that we do get Christmas Crackers! And I am thrilled. I do hope they contain paper crowns as wearing them during and/or after Christmas dinner is a tradition in my family, no matter if it looks a bit silly!!

I have always looked forward to all our cruises, but I can honestly say that this one has to really be the most anticipated ever - for all that we will experience, including leaving certain holiday worries behind!;)

A Carolling Gari

Wonderful, Gari - as always. Thank you and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.;)

I'm absolutely dismayed/alarmed/shocked by those picture of the yard sale. Especially this one

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/*****2009%20QM2%20November/Passengers/091128003.jpg

I've never seen anything like it. When we've been on the QM2 the sales have only been things like watches, jewellery and bags, and the tables were placed next to the shops.

Harding Brothers should be ashamed of themselves for letting it get in that state.

I'll have to post the picture later, but we had a buy one, get one free sale of QM2 merchandise and people acted like animals. I could not believe how crazy people get over anything that reeks of a sale.

I'll have to post the picture later, but we had a buy one, get one free sale of QM2 merchandise and people acted like animals. I could not believe how crazy people get over anything that reeks of a sale.

That's when I'd rather pay more & avoid the traffic:)

Archived