QM2 Christmas decorations are now up

southwestie

Since lunch time today we have seen the QM2 decorated for Christmas, this is happening very fast, I would image it will be almost dome ready for Thanksgiving on Thursday.

Everything is looking beaurtiful this evening,

Thanks Rob. I'll be seeing for myself next month and can't wait.

Thanks, also, for all your posts.

Also, a big congrats. I am assuming you are celebrating something pretty special. Enjoy the rest of your trip, and please keep the reports coming. They are appreciated.

Jeanne

PS: I am a little surprised the decorations are up so soon. Don't know why, but I thought perhaps they would have kept an autumnal theme, at least until Friday morning. Is there not much ado about Thanksgiving for the Americans on board?

Since lunch time today we have seen the QM2 decorated for Christmas, this is happening very fast, I would image it will be almost dome ready for Thanksgiving on Thursday.

Everything is looking beaurtiful this evening,

Well work harder on it... and do a good job!

We'll be there to "inspect" on the 10th. (Can't wait!)

And leave us some single malt!

Gary

Oh bummer :) Would have liked to have seen the decs on board, especially how they would have swayed from side to side during a Force 9, and 35 ft waves. I should have imagined with Cunard, one night to bed, the next day, Santa's little helper would have dec'ed the halls.

It's cold.

And raining here in Newcastle.

Boo.

They were putting in the Snow Machines above the stairs and under the mural in the Atrium on the Queen Mary 2 on November 16-17 before we disembarked in New York. There was a brief test and the snow came fluttering down, beautifully.

I do hope you are joking. That really is appallingly tacky.

They were putting in the Snow Machines above the stairs and under the mural in the Atrium on the Queen Mary 2 on November 16-17 before we disembarked in New York. There was a brief test and the snow came fluttering down, beautifully.

Should I pack my skiis then for Monday's departure? :D

The snow was lovely, with christmas carols being played on the piano, When I got home on Tues night and it was snowing for real up here in Scotland I thought of QM2 and the first snow of the year!!!

Oh to be back onboard...................

Thanks Rob. I'll be seeing for myself next month and can't wait.

Thanks, also, for all your posts.

Also, a big congrats. I am assuming you are celebrating something pretty special. Enjoy the rest of your trip, and please keep the reports coming. They are appreciated.

Jeanne

PS: I am a little surprised the decorations are up so soon. Don't know why, but I thought perhaps they would have kept an autumnal theme, at least until Friday morning. Is there not much ado about Thanksgiving for the Americans on board?

As Rob said so well, they did start the decorating on the late November trip, although they had a long way to go still. Most of it was done late at night (by the elves, I guess:)), so each day a little more had appeared. The tree was not yet up, to my knowledge anyway, in Britannia, but smaller trees in various lounges and spaces, and the Atrium tree were up by the time we debarked. Lots of garlands and greenery, and, yes, a little tasteful snow (just for the test). Very festive. Should be quite impressive by the 20th!:(

As Rob said so well, they did start the decorating on the late November trip, although they had a long way to go still. Most of it was done late at night (by the elves, I guess:)), so each day a little more had appeared. The tree was not yet up, to my knowledge anyway, in Britannia, but smaller trees in various lounges and spaces, and the Atrium tree were up by the time we debarked. Lots of garlands and greenery, and, yes, a little tasteful snow (just for the test). Very festive. Should be quite impressive by the 20th!:(

The Britannia tree was up at the end and next to the captains table, maybe more have gone up since.

wondeful to see

The Britannia tree was up at the end and next to the captains table, maybe more have gone up since.

wondeful to see

Thanks for the update, Rob. Realized as I typed that I might not have been up to date, the decorations moving along so well as they were! Hope to see you both again on board soon!!:o

Thanks for the update, Rob. Realized as I typed that I might not have been up to date, the decorations moving along so well as they were! Hope to see you both again on board soon!!:o

We would love to meet onboard again. wish we had more time on this cruise

See here Snow Flake Mob and micro snow flake pix (among others).

I'm absolutely dismayed/alarmed/shocked by those picture of the yard sale. Especially this one

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/*****2009%20QM2%20November/Passengers/091128003.jpg

I've never seen anything like it. When we've been on the QM2 the sales have only been things like watches, jewellery and bags, and the tables were placed next to the shops.

Harding Brothers should be ashamed of themselves for letting it get in that state.

I'm absolutely dismayed/alarmed/shocked by those picture of the yard sale. Especially this one

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/*****2009%20QM2%20November/Passengers/091128003.jpg

I've never seen anything like it. When we've been on the QM2 the sales have only been things like watches, jewellery and bags, and the tables were placed next to the shops.

Harding Brothers should be ashamed of themselves for letting it get in that state.

Absolutely agree. Biggest complaint I had on my previous QM2 cruises was the flea market that took over that beautiful main deck. Shame on them.

Archived