Drink Tip

thompsongunner06

Yea I had a drink by my towel and chair,,,went for a dip,,came back and my waiter had picked it up,,,was Half Full!,,,,,He brought me another one No Charge and I kept it for 7 days. I do not think I will wash someones glass but I guess they do and reuse them too! Saves/makes them even more money.

If you wait a couple of hours...Someone will leave the glass laying around...Just take that one, wash it and use it as your own for the day.

Remember they change glasses on different days.

Cmon , please dont do this, you dont know the health of the person who could have drank out out of that cup, On top of that its just tacky. If a couple dollars is gonna break you or have you picking up others trash you really need to reevaluate your finances.

Jeezus and you wonder why people sterotype carnival cruisers.

Cmon , please dont do this, you dont know the health of the person who could have drank out out of that cup, On top of that its just tacky. If a couple dollars is gonna break you or have you picking up others trash you really need to reevaluate your finances.

Well they did say wash it

Ya, but I hate to take my own dishes and glasses on a cruise, especially to the mdr, the lido not so much. :D

I guess it is only "nasty" if you do the washing yourself. If someone else does it out of your sight, it is not "nasty" and it doesn't matter what kind of "disease" other people may or may not have had.

I say if you see a cup you like, take it and wash it. There is no shame in recycling.

even washing it it's still nasty to use some strangers glass:eek:

When you go to a restaurant, do you know what type of nasty diseases the people who drank from the same glasses and ate from the same plates before you have? Or the diswasher wo "accidentally" cut himself and bleed all over the dishes.

Get a life.

Getting back on subject, are there different Drink of the Day glasses for each day?

Thanks.

During the cruise they do change glasses to get you to buy another one I suppose, but you can use any one of them during the cruise for refills.:)

Yep it was only half way through our cruise we realized we should refill the DOD mug and keep that.

When we hit St Thomas we picked up some Malibu and that got used with my Fountain Card Orange Juice a few times in the room - although I stuck to beer!

It's not mean to pick up someone's empty glass, just common sense to save a little here and there where possible. And the doctor's are always saying that everything today is too clean for us, and our bodies need more bugs to build up defences. Hell, I've even been know when hungry to filch a couple of left-over fries off of a recently-vacated dining room table. OMG ;)

:eek: I agree.....Hep C is extremely contageous.

It's not mean to pick up someone's empty glass, just common sense to save a little here and there where possible. And the doctor's are always saying that everything today is too clean for us, and our bodies need more bugs to build up defences. Hell, I've even been know when hungry to filch a couple of left-over fries off of a recently-vacated dining room table. OMG ;)

Me Too!!!

"I guess they toss everything overboard and use all new dishes, glasses and utensils for each serving:confused::confused:"

"It's not mean to pick up someone's empty glass, just common sense to save a little here and there where possible. And the doctor's are always saying that everything today is too clean for us, and our bodies need more bugs to build up defences. Hell, I've even been know when hungry to filch a couple of left-over fries off of a recently-vacated dining room table. OMG"

There's a huge difference between picking up a stranger's glass *yuck* and washing it out in the bathroom sink, and the place settings that are washed by industrial-type dishwashers. I'm sure there are health restrictions in the galleys.

I believe in recycling...but geeze, spend the money for a glass of your own!

With all the free food available on board a ship, you're eating someone else's leftovers?

Why not? If you WASH it, what difference does it make? I've never done it but I can't say I wouldn't if I wanted to. It's your vacation, you can do whatever you want to. Don't be so uptight, relax!

even washing it it's still nasty to use some strangers glass:eek:
So you use disposables in the dining room?

:eek: I agree.....Hep C is extremely contageous.
Hepatitis C is not all that contagious. Transmission is via infected blood; you aren't going to catch it from a glass. :rolleyes:

Archived