Name of ships agents for New York - Brooklyn terminal

navylark

Does anyone have the name of the ship agents for the Brooklyn Terminal.

Our bedroom steward on our last trip was very interested in a particular author but found it difficult to order books whilst on board. As he was a great steward I want to send a book to him, - but forgot to keep the New York port sheet with the agents details.

If anyone has them I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Navylark

Does anyone have the name of the ship agents for the Brooklyn Terminal.

Our bedroom steward on our last trip was very interested in a particular author but found it difficult to order books whilst on board. As he was a great steward I want to send a book to him, - but forgot to keep the New York port sheet with the agents details.

If anyone has them I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Navylark

I have looked at old tix, but cannot find the name of the Agent. I recommend you email Cunard and ask. You can also find the telephone number. Check for Cunard.com, Contact us. You can also call at 1-800-7CUNARD (1-800-728-6273) for general information.

Mike

this is a reply to the person wanting the ships agent in brooklyn n.y.

you wanted the ships agent in order to get a book for your bedroom steward. some one responded that it was intercruises shoreline and port services, which is correct. however, the bedroom steward works for the shipping company (owner) and not the agent. the agent is hired by the shipping company to get the guest on the ship. individuals working for the shipping agent are not permitted to board the ship according to regulations put in place by homeland security.

i am a cruise line greeter.

Sorry Bingo Butch - but you have got it wrong.

I am the original poster - all I wanted was the address of the ships agent - which some one was kind enough to post.

I will now send my parcel to the agent who will have it delivered to the ship by one their local agents/couriers - who visit the ship for 'routine ships business'. I have rung them to check this and they advised that they take 'hundreds' of letters etc that are being sent to the crew by family etc - how else are they to get mail!

Even 'home land security' have to permit agents to visit the ships in port - how else is routine ships business to be handled.

Cheers

Navylark

this is a reply to the person wanting the ships agent in brooklyn n.y.

you wanted the ships agent in order to get a book for your bedroom steward. some one responded that it was intercruises shoreline and port services, which is correct. however, the bedroom steward works for the shipping company (owner) and not the agent. the agent is hired by the shipping company to get the guest on the ship. individuals working for the shipping agent are not permitted to board the ship according to regulations put in place by homeland security.

i am a cruise line greeter.

? ships agents go on board all the time. Heck I have been invited aboard by the Hotel Director on a ship. Employees of the cruise line and port agent can and do go aboard all the time. they do need proper ID. Delivery of mail is one of the Port Agents responsibility...

Archived