Poesia short review: Nov 15-20th

CRUISERSCM2009

We just got back one week ago and we loved the cruise with our kids (11 & 16 years old). Kids program was excellent, wonderful activities every day and youth staff well prepared. My younger kid was a huge fun of a show for kids that they called KIDS CLUB LIVE (every night @ Disco).

I was so impressed also about teens program. Complete and cool. Kevin, my 16 kid, was dj for a night and made a chart with the youth staff. They have also a daily show for teens where our kids can play, dance, win prizes and watch video together.

Good:

Ship is beautiful.

Cruise staff and Cruise Director are wonderful (excellent entertainment activites including shows @ Carlo Felix Theatre).

Very good gelato and very good Pizza.

Bad:

The food and Room service are poor. Reception team is not trained. Italian Officers soo arrogante.

Happy sailing everyone.

I'm glad to see a positive review of the kids program. I will be on the Dec 10th sailing with my sons, ages 8 and 11. This will be their 6th cruise and the kids program is something that they always look forward to.

How formal did the kids dress for formal nights? Did the kids ever have a chance to have dinner with the Kids Crew?

I'm glad to see a positive review of the kids program. I will be on the Dec 10th sailing with my sons, ages 8 and 11. This will be their 6th cruise and the kids program is something that they always look forward to.

How formal did the kids dress for formal nights? Did the kids ever have a chance to have dinner with the Kids Crew?

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise. Every night the kids have dinner with the youth staff and every day at port lunch, ice cream time and dinner.

The Chief of Kids Entertainment, Matt from Italy, is amazing guy and great performer.

About formal night is up to you: i saw many kids in the kids club, wearing jeans and t shirt . :) Let'me know about your cruise.

Good:

Ship is beautiful.

Cruise staff and Cruise Director are wonderful (excellent entertainment activites including shows @ Carlo Felix Theatre).

Very good gelato and very good Pizza.

Bad:

The food and Room service are poor. Reception team is not trained. Italian Officers soo arrogante.

So if a couple cruises without kids and wants to eat something other than pizza and gelato, would you recommend this ship to them?

So if a couple cruises without kids and wants to eat something other than pizza and gelato, would you recommend this ship to them?

I am not sure what you are asking...yes they have formal dining. Pizza and gelato was offered at other times outside of the regular dining times or when food was offered in the buffet.

We are going in February. My other cruises on formal night, we had a wide range, from those who did the whole black tie thing to those with skorts or capris. My past experiences have been people tended to "dress up" more on formal nights, but it didn't seem as though you were turned away at the door if you weren't dressed up enough.

Also, we saw there is a dress code of no shorts/jeans after six in public areas? Is that really true? I find that hard to believe on a Caribbean cruise. But I guess if that's their rule...

I saw the Poesia twice on our cruise from November 15 to 21. We were on the Carnival Freedom. I saw the Poesia in Fort Lauderdale and in Grand Cayman.

The Poesia looks like a nice ship, but they all look nice, don't they?

I still remember the horn competition our two ships had as we were both leaving Grand Cayman.

Then both our ships sailed away in opposite directions.

When I got back home, I was surprised that the MSC Poesia and Carnival Freedom had very similar itineraries. The Carnival Freedom went to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. It is my understanding that the MSC Poesia went in the opposite direction to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman.

Nice ship. Nice to "meet" you from a distance. Perhaps we will try out MSC sometime.

First time MSC-beautiful ship, great entertainment. Very clean. Some nice different touches-taken to our room-but the nice man spoke no english and didn't tell us anything-even the fundamental trick of putting you door key in the slot inside to make lights work-

The room was kept very clean-but again the room attendants did not understand english so it was very difficult to request anything-

The formal nite had many people including children very fancy-but this was a "Heavy Metal" cruise and the passengers had a wide variety of dress-

I never saw anyone told not to do anything-and I was never asked by any crew member if I needed anything-

In the buffet areas there were many staff members just standing around-I think they had specific tasks and never did anything else-ice tea was refilled but asking that person for water just had the man walk off-in the formal dining rooms the staff took orders and brought the food-they could not understand request for different type's of tea-although they were available-english breakfast tea given at dinner time-and just try and get butter for the dry lobster. Breakfast in the dining rooms took forever and arrived one thing at a time and usually cold. No head waiter ever asked us how the food was-I was told Europeans do not want to be bothered when they eat-

Good looking Italian male officiers who walked around in pairs and never bothered with passengers-did see one woman officier-

Food was ok-nothing to say 'WOW" about. Watch your times on food availability-no non stop food on this ship-late nite -11:30 food was extremely limited and beverages impossible to get-dispensers turned off. No chocolate buffet ever-

I did like the fact that no one ever tried to get us to buy anything-fancy drinks, other cruises-anything-

Bed and linen very nice-towels too-

We were in an outside room with a life boat just outside the porthole and paid an extremely reasonable amount-so would i go on the ship again-probably-realizing I would not be pampered or gain weight on the cruise-

We didn't do any extra port trips and didn't have children with us-

Carried on Diet Coke (its a Pepsi ship !) and also had wine in our checked luggage without any problem-in the ports didn't bring anything back but Diet Coke-

My sister and I have previously been on RC and NCL-this ship was the cleanest and had the best shows-food and service were another story-

Archived