Ice Cream TOPPINGS on SEA DAYS??

Tom-n-Cheryl

The soft serve ice cream is a nice treat - but when Carnival brings out the toppings (hot fudge, strawberry topping, cookies, oreo pieces, butterfinger pieces, chocolate chips, nuts, etc....) then it REALLY is a TREAT.

I have only witnessed that on TWO sailings: Pride and Legend at 3pm on all SEA DAYS near the back pool --- there it was!

I have looked (believe me, I have LOOKED) on the Glory, Sensation, etc.... but to no avail!!!

Is this limited only to SPIRIT CLASS ships, or is that just a coincidence???

Thanks,

Tom

it may be possable that it is a spirit class thing We just returned from the miracle yesterday and they had the toppings at the aft ice cream bar everyday from 3 to 5 pm. I spent a little time there.lol

On our recent Legend cruise, it was not until I piled on the hot fudge on my last ice cream on the LAST day, that I noticed that they also had hand dip ice cream there too (large tubs)...

I usually hit it RIGHT at 3, as we have the 5:45 dinner seating...:D

Tom

Hi Tom - we'll be on the Miracle with you. My kids are really looking forward to the all-you-can-eat ice cream (they'd eat it for every meal if I let them). I didn't know they had all those toppings, I think you just made my kids day!

Had the toppings on the Legend, the Pride, and the Miracle.

Notice the hand packed ice cream on the Miracle....I just don't know if I just didn't notice it on the others.

Never seen it on a non-Spirit Class ship.

They also have that and more on the Disney ships.

We had all the toppings on the Pride, Legend & Conquest. It was only certain times of the day, not all the times the machines were running. I saw the hard packed on the Pride but I never saw it on the Legend or Conquest. There was definitely NO toppings on the Destiny. Hope this information helps.

Whats my chance of finding toppings for the good old soft serve treats. Guess they wouldn't waste any real hard ice cream on an older ship would they? Too bad I really like the toppings idea. Has anyone that has been on the celebration found any real ice cream or toppings? Leaving saturday so hurry with your replies. I live and die for good icecream.

Jim

Whats my chance of finding toppings for the good old soft serve treats.

Jim

On the Celebration... my guess is your chances are SLIM... If you are really a topping fanatic, you can always take some of your own (easier than bringing crock pots and such...lol) -- hint: order some chocolate chip cookies from room service, and crumble them into the soft serve -- You can then poke your head into some kitchen doorways and, if they can UNDERSTAND you, they can usually locate some chocolate syrup ... it worked for me (Boy, life is ROUGH :D )

Thanks for all the responses!

Well, the TOPPINGS look like another reason to consider the SPIRIT class our favorite... the ONLY advantage that I would give to the CONQUEST class would be the FISH AND CHIPS area... we ate there for lunch every other day (when we were not eating RUBENS :) )

We will see you in a few months 01Sweetpea!

I am glad this board is here --- so that we can work out these very important issues!:rolleyes:

Tom

I am thrilled to hear about the toppings on the Ecstasy!!! I hope they have sprinkles because one of my boys will love it. We must spend a fortune at Marble Slab every month so it will be nice to have "free" ice cream and for once say.." Sure you can have more!"

Archived