New Orleans Port

Booman14

Question for anyone who has sailed out of the New Orleans port... What time is the earliest you can get there. we will be leaving tomorrow on the Triumph, and we are driving down in the morning from North Louisiana. Last year we sailed out of Mobile and they told us not to get there before 11:30am, when we got there at 11:00am, (yes, I like being early for everything:D) they had been letting people in from 10:30am. After driving for six hours with 2 kids, I just want to try and make this as smooth as possible. Also, for the first time we have VIP passes. How does that work? My PVP said that there is a special area to go to so we can avoid the lines. Any help would be awesome!!:)

I wouldn't get there before 11:00. The ship will not be ready for boarding til noonish and at times the parking garage can be a little crazy and backed up, so no point sitting in a long line waiting to get into the garage.

Now, this is from a couple who always gets to everything extra early.

The VIP pass is just what your PVP said. There will be a special area where you can check in and wait that is seperate from the rest.

Think of me as you drive through Alexandria - that's where we live.

Happy cruising.

MB

Are you also planning on getting off the ship early?:confused:

I've always been on the ship before noon.

Assuming you park at the port, 10:30am should be fine. From the parking garage you take the ELEVATOR (no shuttle buses here) to check in. You will need you passports/ids and Fun pass to clear initial security check (probably) Keep telling everyone VIP and they should heard you over to the left metal detector/x ray thing (maybe). One you clear that checkpoint, VIP checkin is in a separate office over to the left; normal cattle stand in lines over to the right. There could be a line here, depending on how many VIPs there are - everyday there are more, but it shouldn't be bad.

There will be some beverages in the VIP area - maybe water and coffee. There is also a concession stand out in the main area if you want a little more variety. Perhaps there will be cookies on the way to get the picture on your sail and sign cards.

From there they will tell you want to do. You can get the family boarding picture done or skip it, as you wish.

Say hello to Robert, if he is working the VIP tomorrow in the VIP lounge.

Thanks so much for the info. My daughter and I are just sitting here with our bags packed, ready to leave. Can't wait to get on board. The only ship we have ever been on was the Holiday, so we are really excited about the seeing the Triumph. We will be going to Cozumel... does anyone know which pier Carnival docks at? Downtown or or the one toward the south? Thanks so much.. Just trying to keep occupied until we leave....:D

We are taking the Carnival transport from the airport to the Port of New Orleans (same day as embarkation) - I was wondering if there is a convenience store or something similar for me to pick up a six pack of juice and diet pepsi to take onboard ?

Archived