Fly me to the Oasis...

flagger

This post is not going to be balanced but will deal with the negatives. Some are not the fault of Royal Caribbean, but part of the whole experience. This is just for information.

There was only one gangway in operation this morning. After a very slow breakfast experience in the main dining room, we headed to RP (deck 5) only to be in a long line to get off just after 9AM.

Just as we got to the security, my wife's card did a different buzz and we were told we HAD to go back to Guest relations to settle our account. We were taken by a member of the activities staff to a woman with a computer in the middle. She said, oh you have a cash account, you need to pay. I said no we didn't, we gave it when we pre-registered and again at the pier.

We were told that none of the information made it from the shore onto the ship. So it was off to GR for another small line. We had made one small purchase in the shop and gave our credit card AGAIN. It was back into the line, but we cut and saw the activities staff who walked us over and she let us back in to get off. Just a bit of a sour note to end the trip.

I hope in the future there will be a full complement working at GR for these situations. As technologically able as this shop is, it would be nice that we could have settled with the first woman we were taken to. Of course it would be better if the ship had the information from the shore from online and from the pier.

My suggestion to everyone who is pre-registering for shows and activities, to please take paper proof of that with you.

It was off to the FLL airport. This is T-giving weekend and the lines of course we long. Delta had a representative before security with a bag sizer making them put their carry on in it. If it did not fit, it was back to the line to CHECK your bag...and of course pay.

Forget every perception you thought you had about this ship. As a whole, Royal Caribbean has delivered an EXPERIENCE. During one of the sessions with the management team, a TA said "Why did you tell us?" Adam Goldstein responded, after blogging, facebooking, emailing, press releasing, commercialing, 'People are still saying that?'

Honestly this was been a really wonderful experience. While there will be 'teething issues' as Mr. Goldstein so eloquently put it, Oasis of the Seas delivers. Take time to explore the art; take a look at the walls and ceilings; let yourself become immersed in this wonderful product. If the ports are of no interest to you, this ship truly is a destination in unto itself.

Look for a detailed review. I was very privileged to have been asked to explore this ship. As part of my profession, the ship sells itself. Once you experience it for yourself, I believe you will be telling everyone about her too.

aquatheatre.jpg

Others did experience it. However just for a point of reference I was standing on deck 7 starboard in front of the rockwall right next to Richard Fain during the dress rehearsal for the show. The lights went down and then the computers controlling the floor and separately the music crashed. He managed to keep his cool..or did not show frustration...her even brought up a tray of drinks. I got a great picture btw.

Just know there might be those teething issues. I think just better be safe and have it with you. RCL has taken great strides to go green and simplify the process. Just be aware and prepare.

Ok several Adventure Ocean employees informed me today that they decided they needed more deck space and the area above the bridge will be open to the general public.

That's great to hear and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will remain open to the public. That is prime viewing real estate up there, especially since the bow is off limits to the pax.

Thanks much for the updated info!

Archived