Rental Car-Which will shuttle you to Port of Miami?

Hello All,

It has been a few years since we last sailed RCCL and I noticed that the rental car dropoff is no longer available at the port. Which rental car agencies will shuttle you to the Port in Miami for free? I have an excellent rate that I can get through Avis. Does anyone know if they shuttle for free?

Thanks,

M&C

Avis no longer has a shuttle from MIA to the port of Miami. They had one back in our cruise in May, but did not in December. We found out the hard way. I'd recommend calling before your trip to make sure as this can change without warning. Alamo still had a shuttle in December.

Thanks for the replies. I just received an email from Avis stating that they don't shuttle but I can get such a good deal. We are flying into Orlando the day before, don't ask why it is a long story, and having to rent a car from there to Miami. I will have to factor in the $20 cab fare when into the cost to see if it is better. Is there a cheaper way to the port?

Thanks,

we just returned from Miami, used Thrifty rental, had a great rate, they picked us up at the airport, and when we returned the car on Sunday, they took us to the port, could not have ask for better service, just do no play your time too close, as we did have to wait about 30 minutes for the shuttle to the pier, they said traffic gets back around the pier, and they only have two shuttles going, but we go there about 11 am and was at the ship before 12 noon , enjoy your cruise

Archived