Cemetary Beach questions

39august

Is there any natural shade, like seagrape trees or palms, at Cemetary Beach? I know there are no facilities. Also, how hard is it to get a taxi back to town from there? Is there a bus that goes to and from Cemetary Beach?

Hi. Cemetary Beach did have a small amount of shade, but remember, they had a MAJOR hurricane this past October and much of the vegetation was compromised. The snorkeling right off that beach has been great every time we stayed in Grand Cayman. There are buses and taxis to and from Georgetown, see below.

Most of the properties that line the beach allow you to pass through to walk back to the main road. You can hail a taxi (about $5.oo US per person, or wait for a bus, 2.00 per person). If you are in good shape, you can even walk back to Georgetown along the road - which is a pleasant experience in and of itself.

Eden Rock is a few minutes walk past Hard Rock Cafe. Seven Mile Beach and Hell and the Turtle Farm are the opposite direction.

If nothing else, you could rent equipment at Eden Rock, snorkel there, if you want more or a beach, head elsewhere. Just save timeto return gear and get to the tender.

http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/OffshoreSnorkeling.htm

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cy/wcmap.shtml

• 1 month later...

I love Cemetary Reef. I always take a taxi and then when I am ready to go home I head back to the main road in front of the cemetary and it is usually only a few minutes to flag down a taxi. Once, I had my original driver come back at a specified time. I was due to go back just a couple weeks ago on the Carnival Inspiration Jan. 22 sailing, but we missed GC due to high seas. Would you believe this is the second time in a row I have missed Grand Cayman? Bummer!

Archived