Digital photography downloads on board?

I've never cruised Royal Caribbean. We're heading out soon on Navigator of the Seas. Does anyone know if there is an onboard digital photography center where I can download photos from my flash cards to DVD? I'd rather not bring my laptop, and if there is no photography center then I guess I had better buy more memory cards. Thanks in advance!

I've never cruised Royal Caribbean. We're heading out soon on Navigator of the Seas. Does anyone know if there is an onboard digital photography center where I can download photos from my flash cards to DVD? I'd rather not bring my laptop, and if there is no photography center then I guess I had better buy more memory cards. Thanks in advance!

Yes, there is a modern photo shop on board that can provide the service for a fee. It's not Wal-Mart pricing but it is reasonable and quick.:)

I got it as 4 4GB cards. :-) I have an older DSLR and a point and shoot so it can only handle 4 GB at the most.

We did n't fill each card just in case something got lost or damaged so we switched each day or two. I bought hubby a new camera for xmas last year and for the Brilliance in the Med he went a bits nuts and took 1800+ pictures. He had so much fun. Going to be hard to top that one this year.

1800+ pics is impressive! I took about 1400 pics for a 4 day Disney vacay, and while it was a blast taking all the pictures, it took me about a month to edit every photo since I shot in RAW. I just have a feeling that this being my children's first cruise, I'll probably take that many pictures too if not more. :D

Black Friday had 8 Gig cards for $14.

Anything onboard is expensive since you got no where else to go.

What no one has mentioned, you most likely have to leave your card at the photo dept overnight for the job to be done. So you would need another card anyway if you want to use your camera while waiting for the download. I have heard horror stories of CD's not being able to be read once home.

Since I use the laptop for several things while on the cruise anyway, I down load each night. While I seldom waste time doing any editing, a review embeds what the photo subject is. 80-120 shots a day and so far no "what the hell is this" photos.

Since I use the laptop for several things while on the cruise anyway, I down load each night.

I bring a laptop along just for this reason. I download all the pictures/videos from my memory cards to the laptop each night. That way, even if something happens to the card or even the camera, I still have all my photos/videos.

I also bring enough memory cards to hold everything, just in case something happends to the laptop :p

I bring a laptop along just for this reason. I download all the pictures/videos from my memory cards to the laptop each night. That way, even if something happens to the card or even the camera, I still have all my photos/videos.

I also bring enough memory cards to hold everything, just in case something happends to the laptop :p

I was going to say the same thing...If you have a Lap Top, Bring it and download everynight. There will always be that one photo you wish you could have shot again only if you could have seen it. Like all of you, we usually do about a thousand photos for 7 nights on the Seas......

Have Fun....We always Do!

Mike

I would take enough memory to cover the trip. What if you download photos to a DVD and get home to discover there was a problem in the download. If you do not have a computer, how can you check to see if they downloaded correctly. I would not erase the photos that are transfered to the DVD.

I do have a couple of laptops but with the amount of gear necessary to travel with a 20 month old and 4 year old, I am foregoing the computer on this trip.

With the extra 16 GBs on top of my existing card stash, I think I should be covered for the cruise plus some for post-cruising days.

Is there a computer lounge onboard where I could insert a USB card reader to at least email a few photos out to family?

Archived