Caymen and Coz w/20 month old

ilmoore

Hi,

We're cruising in January and taking our 20 month old son. We're stopping at Caymen and Coz and were wondering what excursions would be the best for you son. Any suggestions for these two islands? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!:o

Hi,

We're cruising in January and taking our 20 month old son. We're stopping at Caymen and Coz and were wondering what excursions would be the best for you son. Any suggestions for these two islands? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!:o

In April we were in Cozumel with our then 32 month old DD. We went to Nachi Cocum-tons of info about it in the POC boards. Anyway, I would suggest it for a family-there weren't a lot of kids around (in fact there were only about 10 other people there) but the water was calm and sandy, and they do have a pool there that has a sunbathing area (water is about 2-4 inches) so it was perfect for my DD to splash around in. We had a blast. Good luck and have a great cruise!

In Cozumel, if you are wanting more than a beach, check out Chankanaab park - it has a salt water pool, playground, walking trails, dolphin encounters, beach etc.

In GC, you might consider the Turtle Farm. Also, while I have not stood on it, 7 mile beach looks quite nice.

If you want to go to the beach in GC, no excursion is needed. Ther are cabs/buses that will take you to the beach---it's close, and you can do your own thing. The entire beach is public, and they have all the "facilities"....restrooms, food, rentals (chairs and watersport!) bars.....there's no need to pay anyone to "take" you there!

In Cozumel, if you are wanting more than a beach, check out Chankanaab park - it has a salt water pool, playground, walking trails, dolphin encounters, beach etc.

In GC, you might consider the Turtle Farm. Also, while I have not stood on it, 7 mile beach looks quite nice.

We did this exactly with a 16 month old & 5 y.o. last year on Carnival Miracle. Both kids loved it!

I agree with Chankanaab park in Cozumel. My son wouldn't be happy at the beach for hours. As for Grand Caymen we are planning to do the Turtle Farm and I've read that you can also walk around to the dolphin area which I had done at Chankanaab and loved it.

Archived