Dining with baby

EugeneD

there was a couple with 2 kids who brought a jogging stroller to the dining room. I personally don't feel that this type of stroller is appropriate in a formal dining setting. In addition, they had no control over their daughter, who appeared to be 4 or 5. She never sat to eat (they left the smaller child in the stroller, and we never saw them give him any food).

I think this is exactly in line with my original question.

What kinds of strollers, if any, does everyone feel OK with?

I have several to choose from -- I believe I mentioned the Graco (with carseat), and the other is a City Mini which passes for a jogging stroller, i.e. it's 3-wheeled. I thought the latter to be more manuverable. I don't have space to bring both.

As for not feeding, in my case as I mentioned, we will also not be feeding the smaller one during dinner.. why is that a concern?

The city mini is probably a better choice. There really isn't much room in the hallways, the elevator, or in the MDR for a stroller. My Gracos have always been way too big for any of those areas.

I think the PP mentioned that the second child was not fed, because there are other options for most children other than sitting in the MDR when the parents are eating.

edesyatnik-The comment about them not feeding the younger child in the jogging stroller was just an observation that they didn't bring the kids to the dining room to eat. Both were certainly old enough to eat (not infants). Seems like they would have been better off leaving the kids in the kids programs and enjoyed eating a quiet dinner alone since they ignored both kids the entire time anyway. As for strollers, unless you have an infant that isn't old enough to sit in a highchair, I feel that strollers should not be brought into the dining room. Just a personal opinion though.

As for strollers, unless you have an infant that isn't old enough to sit in a highchair, I feel that strollers should not be brought into the dining room. Just a personal opinion though.

I would generally agree that strollers need to be "parked outside", but if that is really not an option, definitely talk to the maitre'd when you board so that he can assign you a table where the stroller will not present a problem to wait staff or fellow diners.

The comment about not feeding the baby? Yeah, simply an observation. I would think that Baby has his own food and is fed at a different time. I would think nothing of it either way and would assume the parents are not starving their children.

Archived