Looking for a PV restaurant with great food and good views.

eggypann

Cruising on the Splendor next Feb. Since we'll be in PV until 10 pm, the majority of our group of 14 wants to have dinner there instead of on the ship. I've read lots of reviews on Trip Advisor and am still confused. We'd want Mexican food/seafood and don't need a 5 star place. Just a place to experience the wonderful food Mexico has to offer - hopefully along with some nice views. Outdoor seating would be great. I checked for other posts on this but most of the threads were over a year old. Thanks!!!

Sofi - Thanks for the comments AND the photos. You always have great pics and you know what they say about a pictures being worth a 1000 words!

Have heard about Barcelona - that may be just the ticket. Do you know if they take reservations? There will probably be at least 10 of us.

Also, I notice the stairs. My sister is older and has bad knees. Do they both have stairs? I'm assuming no elevators.

Thanks!

We were married in Vallarta and go back to visit when we can- Barcelona Tapas is one of our favorite places. They take reservations, and would probably prefer you did make them for a big group since most of the tables are small. Unfortunately I don't remember ever seeing an elevator- it's at the top of an apartment building about 4 floors up. Maybe email them (the owner is from Chicago so no worries if you don't speak Spanish) and see if they have a service elevator or something.

Other thoughts- there are a bunch of touristy but fun places right on the beach at Los Muertos that wouldn't require stairs-I have to say there's definitely better food in town, but you wouldn't have the view you want: Langostinos, Daquiri Dick's (seafood), La Palapa usually has live music at night and is a fun place for cocktails. Or try River Cafe on the Rio Cuale near the market- kind of a mix of modern Mexican food and seafood. Other view spots-El Panorama, Vista Grill (again the view is generally thought to be better than the food).

I love your map, Joe Jack´s is perfectly located. However, El Brujo is way off. I hope you don´t mind me correcting you, but I like this place too.

El Brujo is located on the southeast corner of Venustiano Caranza and Naranjo. It is exactly above the top side of the arrow tip for number 4.

eggypan, I would be happy to look after your group at Joe Jack´s Fish Shack. If you would like to reserve a table, you can reach us on the contact us page of our website. We don´t have a great view, but if you look up you can see for billions of miles.....if it´s not cloudy.:D

The suggestions recommended to you on this thread are very good choices as well. Wherever you dine, I hope you have a great night.

I can vouch for JoeJack's having good food but not at 5 star prices :) Try their mojitos they are the best I have ever had (and I make a mean mojito). Go up stairs to the second floor and if the sun is out you do have a view for miles, just don't strain your neck:D

If you want more upscale and mucho more pesos but with a great oceanview then I would suggest La Palapa oceanfront ...when we were at Playa Los Acros in late Oct, the President of Mexico was dining at La Palapa.

Barcelona Tapas is great as well but no elevators.

Personally I would have my main meal at JJ's and then go to La Palapa for a special coffee drink and dessert :)

thanks quincytoo, I´m glad you enjoyed the mojitos. We are becoming quite famous for them here.....even the owner of Bodeguita del Medio is in a couple of nights a week.....he likes the strawberry and ginger flavours.

Next time you are in, please introduce yourself to me. I like to meet the cruising folk.

greg

• 1 month later...
thanks quincytoo, I´m glad you enjoyed the mojitos. We are becoming quite famous for them here.....even the owner of Bodeguita del Medio is in a couple of nights a week.....he likes the strawberry and ginger flavours.

Next time you are in, please introduce yourself to me. I like to meet the cruising folk.

greg

We will have to check your place out the next time we are there...Like akb5k said we get down there as much as we can. I think PV should change it's name to Nick's Town...lol

Nick

PIPI'S is wonderful!!!! Just a few blocks from the boadwalk downtown. We never miss going there when we are in PV.

I know people who go to Pipi's the very first time they are in PV, it is a Tex Mex restaurant and not known for their cheap prices.

That said I hear their 1200 pesos Margaritas are good :0 But for me 1200 pesos will buy me a lot of really good margs at many other restaurants that are known for their authentic Mexican food.:D

We had lunch last week at resturante Marazul, right on the beach in the zona romantica (just across the "river" south of downtown). Food was very good and prices were reasonable. Not sure how that changes for dinner though.

Margaritas were very good, guacamole was made right at the tableside and was delicious. The shrimp ceviche was also excellent! For the main courses, we had garlic shrimp and fish tacos, both of which were quite tasty.

All the tables have an ocean view that should be excellent for watching the sunset. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain the day we were there...

Thanks for the posts for good PV resteraunts. I will definitely have to try them. However, I am also looking for a good beach to go to while I am in PV. From what I have read, the best route to take is to go to one of the area resorts and buy a pass for their beach and facilities. If you know anything about this, can you suggest some good resorts that I can do that with. Thanks

Here's a recent pic we took at Casa Isabel, nice ambiance, we will definitely visit there again on our next visit to pv

IMG_5731.jpg

Isn't it lovely there :) Did you get to meet Isabel??

LOVE this place and they have a great happy hour where appy's are half price. YUM

If you know anything about this, can you suggest some good resorts.

The most popular is the nearby to cruise pier Krystal (free to use pool for some), and Dreams south ($10+ long taxi ride, nice isolated cove in jungle ambiance)

Also, Low Muertos beach is free with lots to see and do

Krystal is just the other side of the 1st high rise buildings

IMG_5803a.jpg

Dreams south

DreamsSouthPV2.jpg

Los muertos beach

IMG_5590a.jpg

Los muertos beach

IMG_5311.jpg

Thanks for the posts for good PV resteraunts. I will definitely have to try them. However, I am also looking for a good beach to go to while I am in PV. From what I have read, the best route to take is to go to one of the area resorts and buy a pass for their beach and facilities. If you know anything about this, can you suggest some good resorts that I can do that with. Thanks

You need to do a search of resorts or start a thread. This thread is about restaurants so you won't get as many responses.

Archived