Need Info-Valor, Glory or NCL Jewel

Gallivanter'sGal

I'm looking for advice...trying to choose between Carnival Valor, Glory and NCL Jewel...basically the same ports and cost, but I've never cruised Carnival. We're mid 50's and looking to get away and have a good time (a little worried that it will be really loud late at night on Carnival-we like to turn in by midnight). Any help would be appreciated. Also, any comments on the difference between the balcony cabins would be helpful too.

Thanks!

Have not cruised the Valor, but have cruised on Jewel and Glory. Hands down to the Glory. I don't know if I will ever cruise NCL again. Tried them twice, Jewel and Star. As far as noise, I never had a problem with that on any ship, but I know others have. DW and I are in our 60's and still like Carnival. The party does last longer on Carnival, but there are places to get away from that on most ships.

I'm looking for advice...trying to choose between Carnival Valor' date=' Glory and NCL Jewel...basically the same ports and cost, but I've never cruised Carnival. We're mid 50's and looking to get away and have a good time (a little worried that it will be really loud late at night on Carnival-we like to turn in by midnight). Any help would be appreciated. Also, any comments on the difference between the balcony cabins would be helpful too.

Thanks![/quote']

for balcony convenience--and noise free-- the empress deck cat 8B close to the aft elevators. This puts you close to the food/pools (2 decks up) and other entertainment- 2 decks down.

Empress deck is sandwiched between cabin space and away from puplic areas.

You can read my day to day blog about our recent experience on the Valor at the link in my signature.

I've cruised about 10 times and Carnival is my favorite. Mainly I believe it represents a better value.

Like any cruise ship, you can stay up late or call it an early night. We did both, with some nights staying up pretty late and other nights going in early. If I remember we were in 8225, which was a great location.

Glory and Valor are pretty much "6 OF ONE, 1/2 DOZEN OF THE OTHER". :D Both excellent IMO. I'd say it depends on which one you can get the best deal on. If they let you choose your cabin on one, and not the other, then take that one. I love the decor on Valor,,,very patriotic. I just sailed Glory, and it was an excellent cruise as well. Bottom line, either ship will be an excellent cruise, that you'll enjoy immensely. ;)

"SKY"

I'm looking for advice...trying to choose between Carnival Valor' date=' Glory and NCL Jewel...basically the same ports and cost, but I've never cruised Carnival. We're mid 50's and looking to get away and have a good time (a little worried that it will be really loud late at night on Carnival-we like to turn in by midnight). Any help would be appreciated. Also, any comments on the difference between the balcony cabins would be helpful too.

Thanks![/quote']

Never had a problem on any ship with noise. My advice, pick a floor for your room that has a floor of rooms above. That way you don't need to worry about a party overhead.

Thanks everyone! I think we're going to give Carnival a try...it's a last minute booking so we're going to go with a guarantee and hope for the best...which is better the Glory or Valor??

I'd pick the Valor. It's a little newer and has been refurb'd with the big screen on Lido. Glory will be refurb'd next year.

We went on the Valor in October and loved it. The show's were very good! :)

Archived