Dawn is fully fuctional

tjaker11

As long as droop hysteresis on the synchronizers remains under control things should be good. The Opera is not FIN until the mass challenged Lady has sung! ;)

Cheers,

Norman

so what does the temperature control (hysteresis and droop) have to do with the failure.....temperature control of what? Just in case you know.

Thanks.

so what does the temperature control (hysteresis and droop) have to do with the failure.....temperature control of what? Just in case you know.

Thanks.

Has nothing to do with HVAC controls. We're talking about sync of multiple gennies here. ;)

I've been reading these boards since Friday after hearing about the Dawn. My wife and I sail on 12/13 (hopefully!) and I was starting to get a little stressed out about it. Thanks to everyone for the information!

Better correct the spelling in the title.

Sorry for the spelling in the title but in the body the spelling was correct,(oops typo!) but I think everyone got the point. I guess I was happy to see that the Dawn is functional again, and not so concerned about my typo as we are sailing in 5 days.

Better correct the spelling in the title.

LOL!!!! I didn't even notice!!

So glad Dawn is "functional." Sorry to those who missed the canceled cruise and to those who endured challenges on the last one.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that she's really, really fixed. ;)

Hey all,

Thats great news, could you tell me where you found out this information? I am as well sailing on Dec-4-09 and jsut trying to make sure that she is sailing back to Miami.

We have been looking forward to this since March.

Thanks

BikerNC

I believe she said on another thread an email from the hotel director aboard the Dawn. This is great news. Everyone worried about the ship can now relax.

Its unfortunate for those who planned a cruise this week and for those left adrift last week. I am sure there are many who will throw stones, but it appears the crew did their best to get them home. Its not so easy as some think dealing with emergencies. As I noted earlier in this thread, its a wonder there aren't more mechanical problems with these ships. They do build them to last a long time...

Hey all,

Thats great news, could you tell me where you found out this information? I am as well sailing on Dec-4-09 and jsut trying to make sure that she is sailing back to Miami.

We have been looking forward to this since March.

Thanks

BikerNC

Received an email from Hugo the hotel director on the Dawn last night, says the Dawn is fully "funtional" and ready ro sail on Friday.

Happy Monday everyone

Most excellent news for Dawn passengers! :D I do wonder what the technical part of the difficulties were?

As a TA that spent my "day off" last Saturday trying to assist a hundred angry clients whose cruise was cancelled for 11/29 when every single ship in both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale were fully booked:

If I catch the mouse that chewed the wires, that connected the switch to the thingy, which contolled the whatamacallit, which caused the doohickey to shut down, and caused, oh my gawd, people to be without air conditioning for 12 hours, I'll fry that little b##tard !!!

I doubt the crew is happy with the "break". It represents a substantial cash void (unless there is something I'm missing here).

Normally, I might think I was off topic, but since this thread like most about the Dawn have been all over the place, well.....

Yes, the staff will most probably take a hit in the pocket as a result of a smaller tip/service fee pot to be shared.

But, having employed hourly workers over the past number of years in a few different industries, let me pass on what I have observed, and continue to shake my head over the utter lack of logic. Whenever we ask if anyone wants to go home early, or even take the day off due to workload variance, the first people to raise their hands are usually those that need the money the most. I will never get it.

So, even though some of the staff will take a hit, others might be glad that their workload dropped. Unless of course NCL finds other busy work for them to do while transiting without passengers.

Archived