Ventura - Dec 5th - 19th 2009

DogOsea

Hello there all

Looking forward to traveling on the Ventura this week. Going to be quite the trip! Not been aboard a cruise ship before.

Just looking for a few bits of information as I cant seem to get to grips with these internet forums just yet.

- What sort of costs would I be looking at to use my laptop in my cabin with wireless? (I run a business so require email access)

- Are the plugs in the room UK sockets?

- How much would you be looking to pay for a pint of beer or a wee whiskey?

- We have two young people in our group - 22 and 24, will they have enough on board to keep them entertained?

Who else is traveling these dates?

I must apologize if this information has already been covered, but as I say - i'm still not quite up to speed with these internet forums just yet.

:confused::rolleyes:

Hi, DOS. The price of drinks is about the same as a UK pub, around £2.50 for a lager, and around the same for 20 cigs. Can't remember the actual prices, but there were no shocks.

There's LOTS for young 20s to do, day and night, from shows, dancing, clubbing to talks, cookery, juggling and audience participation.

The ship is so big that you might lose track of each other, so take some post-it notes to leave in your cabin........Gone to film in theatre....Having snack in buffet 3.30.....unless you all want to do your own thing. We knew neighbours were on the ship, but didn't see them until 3 days had gone by!

The plugs were British.

Internet is expensive.....We can't remember how much, but think it could have been 30p per min. DH bought a package for £40, which was a big saving on min. by min.

If you want a change from your dining room, the buffet has specialities every evening, such as Italian, Indian, Best of British etc. The next door restaurant is free on an evening, and is more fish & chips, burgers etc, and very good it is too! I had a beef sizzler- very 1970s.

Enjoy!- jocap.

Archived