Cabin Crawl Advice Needed

Fishbait17

I am organizing the Meet and Greet for our cruise on the Jade in a few weeks. I have suggested we organize a "Cabin Crawl" for later in our two-week sailing. One slight problem - I have neither organized nor attended a cabin crawl on a ship! Can anyone out there give me advice, ideas, etc for organizing such a thing? Any details are significant - timing, what exactly it entails, what is expected, etc - anything would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Robin

Nice of you to volunteer to organize the cabin crawl. I hope it's a great time. Seems like a good thing on a two week cruise.

I don't have any experience in participating in one, but I would like to offer a word of advice based on some past Cruise Critic cabin crawl threads: Don't pressure everyone into participating. I saw one person almost cancel a cruise due to the pressure to participate in everything the group planned.

In October, on the Adventure of the Sea's, we had a cabin crawl. It was great seeing all the didn't cabins. Here is what we did.

1. Try and get at least 1 of each cabin cat. / Inside - Oceanview - Balcony - Balcony-forward - Balcony-aft - suites - Handicap room

2. We started on the lowest deck and worked our way up.

3. Some of the cabins had special treats from their home States / Country's .... or little gift goodies, as little "welcome to our cabin." This is not necessary at all.

4. We also played Poker. Our group was large so 2 decks of cards were needed. (trust me - don't except to get all the cards back)

How the Poker was played. Each person that wants to play give $5.00 / at each cabin .... those that are playing get 1 card. With all the cards that are collected .... who ever has the best of 5 cards wins. Make sure to have 1 person incharge of marking off the players names at each cabin and that person can also be incharge of passing out the cards. I suggest that the person you choose isn't participating in the actual POKER game. (He or she is just your dealer) Doing it this way was great and everyone had a blast.

Enjoy

OceanDreams

Host Room: 1. Sign the face of each

card -in the deck you will be given.

2. Need to provide the shot/alcohol, beer,

soda, etc for that round served in your room.

3. Give a drink to each person to visit your room.

4. When drank- let person select ONE random card

from the deck and sign their name on it right then.

5. After getting your card - proceed to the next room.

save your glass (if any)/hold onto your cards.

6. Repeat until you have your five cards. At the last

room - person with the best hand wins $$$ in pot!

(Good way to see each others Cabins or Rooms)

Players: 1. Go from each Cabin/Room to the next

getting your beer/shot/ at each one. Must finish drink

before collecting one playing card and signing it.

2. Proceed to the next room, Repeat.

3. At last room when everyone has 5 cards (must be

all signed) Person with best 5 card Poker hand

WINS $$ Pot!!! - NO SHARING CARDS

4. If you're still able to walk - time to PARTY!

(Alternate may have to host if needed)

Here how we play the game… All those couples highlighted in Blue will host at the first night.

All those in Peach will host the second night. If your it's turn hosting you don’t have to contribute to the

Poker pot that round. But you do have to provide the alcohol / beer, soda, etc - shots in your room/cabin.

(Smuggle a bottle in your luggage) Wine is allowed in your carry on so you don’t need to smuggle that on the ship.

If your name is listed in green above you are to pay $5 per person at beginning to be put in the poker pot for that round.

(please have soda/juice available for those that don’t wish to drink)

Cards, pens and shot glasses will be provided to Host rooms. - please save glasses to use in next room & game.

If can wait until everyone has their drink in each room and toast before drinking!

Winner should end up with about $50 per game played.

Keep this sheet to play on the ship too. Visit rooms in order listed…

1/18/2009 Sunday night (can do 7 cabins & pick your best 5 cards.)

Joe

Mary

Fred

Ethal

Ricky

Lucy

Barney

Betty

Brad

Angelina

Tim

Faith

Batman

Robin

We had a cabin crawl on our 10/31 sailing on the Star. It was great. We were able to see an inside cabin, a deck ten stern balcony cabin, and then an AE, AD, AC and AB suites. So we had a wide selection I wish we could have seen an oceanview and a mini suite. Since most of the cabins that were on our list were in the back of the ship we used the back stairs the on deck nine we walk down the hall to the inside cabin then up to the front of the ship to the AC then up the front stairs to deck eleven to the AB. We didn't do any snacks or drinks we had a fairly good size group about 15 to 20 people so it was walk into a cabin look around and walk back out so others could come in and take a look.

I organized our cabin crawl on the Explorer of the Seas. I posted on our roll call and asked for volunteers. Like someone else said, we tried to get one cabin per category. Believe it or not, everyone enjoyed looking at the interior cabin, but only a few people at a time could see that one. :D

We didn't do drinks or anything special, just walked around and visited. It was great. We got to see an aft balcony and a couple of different size mini-suites and suites.

I set a meeting time on deck 2 and we worked our way up from there.

We had a bunch of activities and told everyone that they didn't need to try and do them all, but we wanted to get a variety since not everyone likes the same things.

I also put my email address (with spaces so spam machines were less likely to get it) and asked people if they were comfortable sharing their full names and email addresses to send it to me. I then put together a list of who was participating in what and sent it out via email to those who were interested. We also told people it was OK to show up if you didn't sign up and to not show up if you did. No pressure. The reason we asked is that one lady did certificates to be handed out at our rock wall climb and mini-golf that we planned.

Have a great trip.

Thanks for all the ideas! I am intrigued by the poker game! We have already discussed it on the Roll Call, for now I am just seeing how many we have interested and who is willing to show their cabin. We have a few suites offered already, just hoping we get at least five or six cabins total. Planning to meet in Bar Central, get a drink, and head out on our way. I have left it up to the group whether to play a simple poker game, so we will see.

Thanks again!

Robin

I am organizing the Meet and Greet for our cruise on the Jade in a few weeks. I have suggested we organize a "Cabin Crawl" for later in our two-week sailing. One slight problem - I have neither organized nor attended a cabin crawl on a ship! Can anyone out there give me advice, ideas, etc for organizing such a thing? Any details are significant - timing, what exactly it entails, what is expected, etc - anything would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Robin

We had a great cabin crawl on the Oct 30 Jewel repo. Look at the roll call for structure, process, etc.

Archived