Inside cabin on Prinsendam?

ninkb

I'm cheap at heart and usually book inside cabins (and am happy enough with them on HAL). But when I look at the description of them on Prinsendam, I realize I need some first hand advice.

If you have sailed in one, what would you report? Is there only one chair to sit on? Is there any space for 2 people to move around in the cabin? How long was your cruise? I'm considering something in the month long range.

I've been to Joanie's picture site, but found only more expensive cabins on display.

I know CC members will have all the answers I need. You're all so much better than any travel agent!!! I look forward to your responses.

Hi ninkb,

We were in an inside cabin for around four months last winter (Grand South America and Grand Med/Black Sea cruises) on the Prinsendam. We like the ship.

The cabin is small. The walk-in closet is nice. The bathroom is kind of standard for HAL. The two beds are against adjacent walls with their heads near each other. They cannot be made into a single double bed. There is a small fridge.

There is really only room for one chair. With a second chair, it would be difficult to get around the room. The desk is a bit smaller than in other HAL cabins. If two people are sitting in the cabin, one must sit across one of the beds with his or her back to the wall.

We had no problems with the room, but we are RV’ers and the room was larger than our RV. So for us, it was comfy.

Let me know at << ScottBonis at AOL dot com >> if I can supply any further info.

Take care, Scott & Karen

I only have one picture and it is not great but here is an inside cabin on the Prinsendam. The beds in the inside were in an "L" shape.

http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/image/107318081

Yep, that's it,. We were in one for 4 weeks. The bad news is the size - I think the combination closet and bathroom were larger than the cabin. The good news is that it's Prinsendam. I prefer an outside - heck, I prefer a balcony, but if an inside is the only way I can go on Prinsendam, that's what I'll take. Nancy

Can one of the beds be made into a sofa? I am sailing solo, so a sofa would be nice in such small quarters.

Yes, the bed on the far wall in the photo is actually a daybed/sofa.

You can see the beige upholstered back cushion on the wall.

When the room is made up with a single bed, it looks very roomy.

The Prinsendam was built for long haul, high end luxury cruising, so all of her cabins have a very generous "feel", even if they are not huge.

Yes, the bed on the far wall in the photo is actually a daybed/sofa.

You can see the beige upholstered back cushion on the wall.

Wow, that is really good news. I am travelling alone and have to say that is one tiny room for 22 days. Longer? I can't imagine.

So bieng able to have a sofa is great news indeed!

. . . to all of you for your replies! I was hoping there was more to the cabin than what showed in the website pictures. Unfortunately, our backs need straight backed chairs for sitting; neither of us would be comfortable on the bed, leaning against the wall.

You've let me know that I do not want an interior cabin on the Prinsendam! Thanks for the quick (and thorough) responses. CC comes through again!!

Archived