5th person in an cabin????

CruisinRin

Hi everyone,

This is my first official post, but I have been lurking for a few days. I am in the process of booking oceanview cabins on the Miracle for May '05. My husband's mother & younger siblings (ages 19-22) are interested incoming. They are pinching pennies and I don't think they can afford 2 separate cabins. Do Carnival's oceanview rooms have a 5-person capacity? I know, I know, it will be incredibly tight, but at least I'm not staying in there!!! LOL ;)

Thanks for your help!!

Corinne

Welll........4 young men with mom ....hmmmmmmmmmm

They won't be in cabin much, that's for sure...and not a thing wrong with inside .

We're going inside this time....tooo many balcony doors slamming.

Good luck....5 in and inside is gonna be difficult....let em draw straws who gets mom and get 2.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I was under the impression they already had a double occupancy cabin (husband and wife) and wanted to add 3 more to their room. I don't think they wanted to put Mom with four sons, but I could be wrong.

Just to clarify, the Cat. 1A's are a bit smaller than the standard cabins, but not by much. All the other inside categories are the exact same size as the oceanview and balcony cabins...185 sq. ft. So being in a standard inside would be no smaller than the other cabins on the ship, except for the 1A's. But I still think the lease expensive way to go would be to put 2 in a 1A, and add the third to your double occupancy cabin. Just make sure it's at least a triple or quad cabin, or else they won't allow you to put the third in that room.

I think the issue is that this can't be done on the Miracle correct? 4 person max in cabins... so I would think the only option would be 2 cabins... if you were on one of the older ships, you could do it.. but I thought it was cramped with two people, LOL!!!!

Hi everyone,

This is my first official post, but I have been lurking for a few days. I am in the process of booking oceanview cabins on the Miracle for May '05. My husband's mother & younger siblings (ages 19-22) are interested incoming. They are pinching pennies and I don't think they can afford 2 separate cabins. Do Carnival's oceanview rooms have a 5-person capacity? I know, I know, it will be incredibly tight, but at least I'm not staying in there!!! LOL ;)

Thanks for your help!!

Corinne

I'm confused also. You state "I am in the process of booking oceanview cabins on the Miracle for May '05." Then you say "My husband's mother & younger siblings (ages 19-22) are interested in coming." Which to me is 3 more people - mom and 2 young adults - which does make 5 - but then you state "I know, I know, it will be incredibly tight, but at least I'm not staying in there!!!"

So if you and your DH aren't going to be in the cabin then are there 2 more people traveling in the cabin with mom and siblings?

AHHHHHH - Did you mean ages 19 through 22 - making it mom and 4 young adults???? If this is the case then it gets even sticker with Carnivals policy on ages and who is required to be in cabin - unless some of them are married to each other. That didn't sound right - just meaning that some could be son or daughter-in-laws. You get what I mean - I hope. We need more details.

The Destiny/Triumph/Victory also does 5 to a cabin.

Sometimes it is cheaper to get another cabin in the long run. When we did the 5 to a cabin on the Sensation the price difference woulda been over 700. to take another cabin.

Sorry for the confusing language:o . My husband, me, and our 2 toddlers are booking one oceanview cabin. My mom, brother, and 2 little cousins are booking another oceanview cabin. We are all definately going.

Now this 3rd cabin: Mother-in-law almost definately going. My husband's 1 brother and 2 sisters are considering coming, and 1 or 2 of their significant others are thinking about coming. Its all speculation (which is really annoying because I plan on booking this trip by the end of this week, its getting too close to May!!) I just wanted to know what options were available. Who knows if any of them will even end up coming:rolleyes:

I found a great deal for oceanview guarantee and I can't pass it up!!! This will be my 3rd cruise and my husband's first, I can't wait until May!

Thanks so much,

Corinne

Corinne: I Suggest that you book your cabin as soon as you know what and where you want to travel. The longer you wait the chances of you missing out on your deal is there. Prices do go up and down. As long as your family is aware they will be paying market price when they are ready..

One cruise a few family memebers waited two weeks to book and they each paid 79.00 pp more then we did. 79. x 4 is a lot of money.

Corinne: I Suggest that you book your cabin as soon as you know what and where you want to travel. The longer you wait the chances of you missing out on your deal is there. Prices do go up and down. As long as your family is aware they will be paying market price when they are ready..

One cruise a few family memebers waited two weeks to book and they each paid 79.00 pp more then we did. 79. x 4 is a lot of money.

Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of that! Any small amount extra will be alot for us because the hubby is paying for all four of us! Thank you very much for the great suggestion.

Archived