what to do after our wedding in st. thomas?

thisisnk23

Hi! My fiancee and i are getting married in St. Thomas in May, just the two of us. Just wanted to see if anyone had any previous experiences that they really enjoyed while there that we might do after our ceremony. It's just the two of us, so we won't be having a reception. I thought it might be nice to do something private just the two of us, but I don't want to break the bank either! Also, snorkeling would not be good for us because he doesn't swim, so that's out! He will get in the water though, just doesn't go past his waist or so! Thanks for any ideas!

A private champagne day sail would be nice. If you don't want to snorkel, then you'll just sail for a longer period of time.

Or, you could go to the Plaster Mania booth at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and make some kind of memento of your wedding. You can google for more info on that, though I don't think they have an example of a couple doing some kind of wedding creation!

A meal at Herve in town is very nice or Havana Blue at Marriott Frenchman's Reef.

You can walk the nature trail at Paradise Point, and near the top are plants that look like cacti. People carve their names and intials in them. You could do that, and come back years later to see if it's still there. Be sure to take a photo.

It would be fun to hear what you decide to do!

I like the idea of a day sail a lot! Know of any good charters? I've been looking myself, but for just two people to rent a boat it seems I can't find anything under 1200! I did find a captain and a motor boat for 600, which wasn't bad, but I'm not sure if that's how I want to spend my wedding day! lol.. I will continue to research and post what I come up with. Thanks for your ideas ;)

When are you getting married? Do a search in this forum for day sails. I've seen a few recommendations that included the price, and I'm pretty sure there were a few that just had two people. I'm sure it depends on how busy they expect to be as to what the price is.

You could try Island Girl for a day sail. It was 75.00 Perperson for half day. They take six people. If you paid for the six to keep it private, it would come in under 600.00. You could contact them if this is something of interest. We did them last week. They made one stop for snorkeling, but you could see if they could do more sailing or something that would interest you.

Just one of I'm sure many suggestions you may get. Enjoy your day.:D

You could try Island Girl for a day sail. It was 75.00 Perperson for half day. They take six people. If you paid for the six to keep it private, it would come in under 600.00. You could contact them if this is something of interest. We did them last week. They made one stop for snorkeling, but you could see if they could do more sailing or something that would interest you.

Just one of I'm sure many suggestions you may get. Enjoy your day.:D

I did try them, and you were right! They charge 425, which I didn't think was bad at all. They had a few options: I think Buck Island, Turtle, or Castaway cove is what they said. They also have these propelled sea scooters for when you are snorkeling which would be perfect considering my fiance's water issue lol! Which place did you stop and would you recommend it? Anyone else?

You could take the ferry over to Water Island to Honeymoon Beach, usually very quiet, lovely beach. You could pick up a picnic lunch at the grocery store in Crown Bay Marina (where the ferry departs from) and take over with you or get some food/drinks for the food van at Honeymoon Beach. Quiet, relaxing day on the beach. You can check out a video of the beach at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCDVMWuFWJw.

--Islander

Archived