Costa Magica excursions and port transpotation

smith6806

I am taking the Magica cruise, on April 15, 2005, and would like some information on the excursions in Alexandria, Egypt. Has anyone taken the Egyptian Museum and Giza pyramids excusion? If so, how long did they stay at each site and, based upon feedback from other cruisers, how did it compare to the other excursions? Also, does anyone know whether there is regular bus service from Genoa Airport to the Savona port. The cruise line has a bus but I understand that it only departs once a day at 11:30 am.

Thank you.

David Smith

Hi David!

You can check this thread from Bellabeagle. It has great information on Alexandria and other ports you'll be visiting,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106745

We will be on the Magica on January 31!!! Only 3 weeks to go!

I'll make sure to post a review upon my return and I'll answer any of your questions! Let m know if you want me to check anything in particular!

Hi Marie-Claude:

Thank you for your reply. I would appreciate any feedback on your trip, especially on excursions and transportation to and from Savona. I contacted the airport and they advised me that there is no regular bus service to Savona, only taxis, the Costa bus at 11:30 am, and trains from Genoa. We will be coming from Florence on cruise day, unfortunately there are very few rental car options into Savona and both Avis and Hertz apparently close their offices from noon until around 2:00 pm, according to the websites.

I have read that the Egyptian Museum, in Cairo, is a fascinating place but I haven't heard from anyone who visited, so I'm interested in knowing whether you have enough time on the tour to appreciate anything or whether it is so rushed that it is not worth it. We are definitely going to Giza, it's just a question of what other activity we combine with Giza, so any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I hope you have a great trip and I look forward to your review.

Archived