Laundry - pressing clothes

molly82400

Does anyone know how much it is to have your laundry pressed. Every time I cruise, I iron all my clothes, and by the time I unpack, everything is wrinkled. Last year on NCL, they put a bag on my bed the first day of the cruise, and had set price for everything you could fit into the bag to be pressed. Does Carnival have a similar program? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Does anyone know how much it is to have your laundry pressed. Every time I cruise, I iron all my clothes, and by the time I unpack, everything is wrinkled. Last year on NCL, they put a bag on my bed the first day of the cruise, and had set price for everything you could fit into the bag to be pressed. Does Carnival have a similar program? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Take them and have pressed by your cleaners. Have them put each item in a cleaner bag. For some reason that makes a great difference! Have mine all done for our next cruise, will not need a press at all. Why, have no idea but was a tip we got on the CC board several years ago and it works!!!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...
There are usually irons (steam) and ironing boards available for your FREE use in the various Laundry Rooms -- so I have no problems with wrinkles, except around the eyes.

Can I use the iron in my room for the whole curise? Are the laundry rooms on each level. Could I bring my own iron?

Can I use the iron in my room for the whole curise? Are the laundry rooms on each level. Could I bring my own iron?

no, you can not bring your own iron. it will tell you that on cruiselines items that are not allowed.

Laundry rooms are usually on every deck that has passenger cabins.

Do not wait til formal nights to iron your clothes- they get crowded these das/nights and the line will be long.

I suggest packing in layers and use dry cleaner bags--or kitchen trash bag liners they work just as well

Pressing usually runs half the laundry price, but I don't know that price. EVERY CARNIVAL SHIP HAS self service laundries too. Each has an iron and board for pax use free.

Pressing usually runs half the laundry price, but I don't know that price. EVERY CARNIVAL SHIP HAS self service laundries too. Each has an iron and board for pax use free.

That is great news...you just took some pressure off me. We have about 15" of snow outside & we are packing today

I found Downy wrinkle release to be a GODSEND on my last cruise. Worked beautifully for my silk dress, hubbys hawaiian shirts, and pants!

love30.gif I will be stocking up!

I found Downy wrinkle release to be a GODSEND on my last cruise. Worked beautifully for my silk dress, hubbys hawaiian shirts, and pants!

I was just on RCCL and no laundry rooms so no Iron

That stuff works it helped with my OCD wrinkle issue:D

I got off the Triumph this morning and saved my valet service receipt/price list. It is only slightly cheaper for the press only service. I paid $3.00 each to have my cotton blouses pressed. That is only $1.00 less than the $4.00 wash & press price. They did a great job. It sure beats ironing.

Archived