Uniworld Enchanting Danube River Cruise July 11, 2010

Chgo Sales Gal

We are sailing on the Enchanting Danube July 11th out of Passau to Budapest. This will be our first river cruise and would love some advise from any seasoned traveler of this type. i.e. casual vs dressy, Prague extension, etc.

Any one else on this cruise?

Terry and Gary

• 3 weeks later...

We did this cruise Jun of this year. It was a great cruise, everything about was good. The cabin #307 with the french balcony was nice, there was lots space to store our clothes, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was good too. The enjoyed all the meals breakfast, lunch and dinner, with refreshments served with dinner wine or beer. The staff was great, I am running out of comments to tell you how much we enjoyed this cruise. Dress was casual, we did have to dress formally for any meal. We did a 3 day pre-cruise in Prague and just enjoyed the area around the old town and then two days in Budapest (but had one day of rain there). There were no negatives on this cruise by Uniworld.

I know that others on this site have taken this cruise... If you re-post on the thread for "River and Canal cruises" you might get more answers.

Have done Prague and Budapest with AMA... And loved both cities. One way to look at it is that you are already there - so might as well take an extra couple of days either side of the cruise (if you can afford the time...) as it would be expensive to fly back just to see either city.

I would highly recommend doing a Prague extension with the cruise line - as it would be challenging to get to the boat without cruise line transport. Budapest would be more manageable on your own.

I would now agree with you after the experience we had regarding the transfer to the ship. It would be the only negative of the trip, but not the fault of Uniworld. The transfer in Budapest was simply a taxi to the airport and it went well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are going on the same itinerary on June 27th - can't wait. I udnerstand from others that the dress code is casual. We are going to spend some time in Munich on the front end and Vienna on the back end. Uniworld won't provide transfers unless you arrive on the day of sailing/disembarkation - any suggestions? We are thinking about taking a train - do we need to book ahead? Any suggestions for hotels in Munich and Vienna?

Archived