Sun Princess Boarding

tazza

Just wanted to know what is the earliest they will allow boarding of the Sun Princess (Sydney). We arrive very early from an interstate flight and I guess it wont be too easy to 'hang around' with luggage. ???

Just wanted to know what is the earliest they will allow boarding of the Sun Princess (Sydney). We arrive very early from an interstate flight and I guess it wont be too easy to 'hang around' with luggage. ???

I do'nt know what time you class as very early to be arriving at wharf 8 but we have been there at about 10 or a bit before and have been able to check luggage in straight away do our checkin and then wander around for a while, although last time we were there we hung around for about 12 hours before we boarded:eek: that was on the Dawn Princess when all the swine flu drama's were happening, never want to do that again if it can be helped!! Once you have booked your luggage in there are plenty of places round Darling Harbour to wander around and fill in a bit of time

Robin

hi tazza, you can book in your luggage any time after about 8am and they start to check in about 10am and if everythings ok you should be able to embark about 11.30am and have lunch in the Horizon Court at 12 noon

rkmw

Thanks guys, thats a help. We land at 8.30 so I suppose we won't be there before 9.30 so all-in-all not terribly early after all. Good to know we can check the luggage in and we are happy to wander around Darling Harbour!:)

Hi Tazza, Not long now till we cruise.

If you are there about 9.30 or 10am check to see if you can check in as well.They will give you a boarding number and then you can get on board earlier.

You just leave your suitcases (make sure you take passports, tickets and anything else you may need out of them first) down the side of the checkin building, there are usually guys there to help.

as mentioned go for a walk round darling Harbour.

Our daughters have chatted on MSN I believe,

I've noticed that both Pacific Dawn and Sun Princess are in Sydney on 17th December. Can anyone tell me how I can find out if Sun Princess is still docking at Wharf 8? Thanks!

hi, the Sun Princess is going from wharf 8 and the Pacific Dawn from OPT

rkmw

Thanks guys, thats a help. We land at 8.30 so I suppose we won't be there before 9.30 so all-in-all not terribly early after all. Good to know we can check the luggage in and we are happy to wander around Darling Harbour!:)

Hey Tazza, thats the exact time we got in when were on Sun in April. By getting in that early and being one of the first to check in your almost certain to be in one of the first groups to board. We were on by 11.30..it was great.:D

Hey Tazza, thats the exact time we got in when were on Sun in April. By getting in that early and being one of the first to check in your almost certain to be in one of the first groups to board. We were on by 11.30..it was great.:D

Sounds good to me!!! which cruise did you do in April and what was it like?

Hi Tazza, Not long now till we cruise.

If you are there about 9.30 or 10am check to see if you can check in as well.They will give you a boarding number and then you can get on board earlier.

You just leave your suitcases (make sure you take passports, tickets and anything else you may need out of them first) down the side of the checkin building, there are usually guys there to help.

as mentioned go for a walk round darling Harbour.

Our daughters have chatted on MSN I believe,

Really looking forward to it, yes our girls have chatted - always nice to know other people when you get on the ship! Karon, have you booked any tours or do you have any recommendations for the cruise...in fact anything you can think of that we should do or might need to bring with. If we don't do any tours is it worth buying snorkels?

Sounds good to me!!! which cruise did you do in April and what was it like?

We did the Coastal Wonders cruise just up the east cost of Australia for 12 nights. It was fantastic. I loved the Sun Princess, i am sure you will too! :D

hi, the Sun Princess is going from wharf 8 and the Pacific Dawn from OPT

rkmw

It will be Pacific Dawn's last cruise from Sydney, so hopefully they will do something special, I hope so, as I am on it along with a "few" friends:D

Really looking forward to it, yes our girls have chatted - always nice to know other people when you get on the ship! Karon, have you booked any tours or do you have any recommendations for the cruise...in fact anything you can think of that we should do or might need to bring with. If we don't do any tours is it worth buying snorkels?

Yes take snorkels, there is snorkelling at most of our stops especially Isle of Pines , Lifou and Wala.

\Don't laugh but we are taking a fold up chair for MIL. She will be 80 and it would be hard for her to sit on a beach. Also, our cabins are right up the front near the secret balcony where she can go for a bit of air. We have 3 inside cabins and son's friend has a balcony.

I will also be taking my instant cappuccino sachets as the coffee is bad on board although I have heard it has gotten better.

If you haven't been to Noumea before The train ride is worth it but buy it when you are ashore from theMarket where you get off.

You can easily get a van or car to take you around in Vila make sure you get a price before you leave.

Just do a search on these boards for each stop and you will get a wealth of information.

Any particular question just ask.

Archived