Formal dress needs steam not iron

Laughing Gull

I have used the ship's dry cleaning/pressing service several times. I always send my DH's tux and my satin gown out for pressing as soon as we get onboard. They have always been returned the next day before 4 PM. They are done beautifully. I think the staff on board have more experience with formalwear than my local cleaners. Just be sure to note on the dry cleaning order form that you want steam only, not pressing. If you love the choice #2 dress just as well, you could just take it. If it were me, I'd take the one I like better and trust the cleaner's staff to take good care of it. Good luck!:)

I agree with Margee. Your on Vacation, allow the ship to do it for a nominal fee. But, there are also devices out there on thye market that just use a STEAM method to remove the wrinkles from clothes. It's not an iron, you just hold it a few inches from the garment and focus the steam over the wrinkles and away they go!!! You can probably check Bed, Bath and Beyond for it or maybe even Amazon.com.

Bon Voyage !! :)

:rolleyes:

Thank you both for your replies. I might just take both dresses :) and I have no plans to pack a steamer. Would much rather send the dress out to be steamed only.

Funny, I was awake this morning really early watching this infomercial on the shark (?) steamer and thinking "gosh that looks really good!!

Guess I should start packing this afternoon after work.....

Archived