Celebnty with 3 year old - whats the kids program like?

jameila

We are taking our 3 year old on 15 night cruise to Chile on the Celebrity Infinity. Does anyone know what the kids program is like. I have a sinking feeling that she might be the youngest person on the ship...

The kids program on Celebrity is in my opinion, one of the best. I put it a little above RCCL. They do alot of arts & crafts, games, etc. & the counselors were great.

At 3 yrs old, I would think here would be other young ones on board that aren't bound to the elementary school calender but I'm sure it won't be full.

When we sailed Celebrity it wasn't during a school holiday and there were only a few kids our daughter's age but she still had a great time and always wanted to be in the club.

One time we picked her up and she had a counselor all to herself reading books...she was in heaven and didn't want to leave!!!!

You can also call the cruise line as you get close to sailing and they may be able to give you an estimate as to how many children in your child's age group will be on board.

We found the kids program to be top-notch. Ours was also a longer sailing, during the school year, so there were only 21 kids on board - from toddler through teens. They ended up merging the programs, but had activities and staff for each age group within the same space, and it worked out well. There were more younger kids than older - our son was 8 at the time, and most of the school aged kids were from home schooling families. It was a good mix, and like the above poster, we found there were several times when the staff to kid ratio was 1:1.

I agree with the others. I've done the kids programs on Celebrity, HAL and RCCL and I like Celebrity the best (and so did my kids). They were I think 4 and 6 and absolutely loved the kids program. We were on Infinity and that's still the ship the kids liked the best.

We just returned from a Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity Constellation (same size as Infinity). It was 14 nights over Thanksgiving week and the week after. I thought there would be more kids but there were only 17 children from infants to teenagers. The kids club was pretty empty. Our kids (2.5 y.o. twins) were not old enough to go to kids club on their own, but were allowed in if we accompanied them.

They did tell us that there were 420 children expected on the Christmas/New Year cruise on the same route -- not sure when you are going but if not over the Christmas week, I would guess that you might have a similarly low kid count as we did.

Anyway -- our kids at age 2.5 were just about the youngest on board. There were two infants who were younger -- a 10 month old and a 15 month old. The next oldest was 5 y.o. Since there weren't a lot of kids there they didn't really follow the scheduled program and instead seemed to mostly let the children direct the activities. At least, that is what we witnessed when we were there with our kids -- which was at least 1-2 hours every day. The good news is it's a lot of 1-on-1 interaction with the counselors and lots of good supervision and attention... again just what we witnessed with the other children as our kids were not old enough for the program, we had to be there to supervise them full-time. The space was great with a big ball pit and play structure/slide, lots and lots of toys, books and games, and a big crafts area with many supplies. Our twins really enjoyed it and would beg to go.

ETA: Oops just saw your ticker and see that you have sailed already. Well, hope you and your little one are enjoying it!

Archived