Strollers in Dining Room

but our son was just barely (if at all) able to sit in a high chair at 4 months (his first cruise), or even stay awake during dinner for that matter.

In that situation---by all means---you should use it. I just feel if a child is able to sit in a high chair---as consideration to those around you---whether on a cruise or in a restaurant---if possible--please leave the stroller to allow more room for the servers to move around. I've seen 2 year olds being pushed in their stroller into the dining room. Assuming they have no physical disability, I would think they could walk and leave the stoller behind. If it is a matter of being able to control the little one---well---that is a whole 'nother issue......

Wheelchairs and walkers are a medical necessity and really shouldn't be compared to a recreational vehicle like a stroller. What is wrong with you people?
Actually strollers are a necessity when you want to keep a child confined and when you have a place that the child can sleep since some people are not able or going to use the onboard babysitting services. They are hardly recreational and it is rude to suggest otherwise.

We were seated upstairs last week on the Radiance, and there's no way our table would have had room for either a wheelchair or a stroller. Of course, a chair would have been removed for the wheelchair, but our waiter had to move sideways between the tables as it was.

I saw quite a few strollers onboard and agree with those who choose the umbrella strollers rather than the enormous ones - for convenience of both the parent and the other guests. I also saw babies 2-3 months old around the swimming pool and couldn't believe their parents thought that was a good idea...but that's just me! No need getting involved in that dispute!

Judy

I guess i am inthe minority as a parent cause my children were off the bottle the day they turned 1, in a toddler bed at that age and as soon as they could toddle along they were OUT of the stroller and walking Heck that was a perfect excuse to wear them out so they would sleep all night!!!;) But I have seen strollers in the dining room with sleeping wee ones in them i find that perfectly exceptable....

And then people would complain that toddlers are running loose in the halls. Strollers are a way of confining, and even entertaining children, and are not a bother if their users practice simple courtesy.

You hit the nail on the head. The user must practice simple courtesy and that is where the problem is. If it is practiced, after these nice people see how confinded most areas are on the ship, we won't have a problem because the stroller will be left in the room. And I thank them all in advance.

And congratulations on your name. I am so not a Yankee fan.

I must agree . The real problem is with parents that are Indy 500 racers with their strollers and no concern or regard for others.

I have seen parents park their strollers at the front enterance to the dining room and carry their little one into the room leaving the stroller behind . This is much appreciated by others.

I specifically saw a sign saying NO STROLLERS in Dining area.They are a tremendous safety hazard and inconvenience for all pax in the dining room.

QUOTE]

Folgy,

Are we the only 2 that ever noticed the sign???? If parents are using the stroller to confine a toddler, isn't that the same thing that a highchair would do?

People, people....please don't think that I don't like children, because that couldn't be further from the truth. I have 5 grandchildren and love them to death. I also understand that the waiters love kids, however, RCI prefers NOT to have strollers in the dining room. If they didn't mind they would not post signs requesting that strollers are not permitted in there. I know many of you are going to say that why are there strollers in there.... and I say to you it is the same reason they don't throw out the passengers that don't dress according to the guidelines. One of these days RCI will either follow all the requests and rules or never post them again. If every person with children disregarded the no strollers sign I think the dining room would become an obstacle course on quite a few cruises. Apparently some folks follow the rules or I wouldn't have seen strollers left outside of the diningroom on several cruises.

Have a great day! :p

Cindy ;)

I agree with Patty, it is a space issue and on our last cruise as one of the above posters shared there was an area where the tables were a little furter apart in anticipation of all of the above, strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers.

The part of this dilema some people also aren't getting is everyone pays for this cruise. If the child is sleeping or the infant has already eaten and is alseep in the stroller in an out of the way space it accomplished a peaceful dining experience for everyone.

What I find Ironic is the same people that are getting upset about the possibility of a stroller being in the dining room are probably the same people that would be furious with parents if their infant/toddler was cranky or wanted to lay down and started to cry. If the child is awake, then by all means leave the stroller and use the highchair.

In my opinion if a parent has fed their small child early or they want to take a nap, let the stroller be in an out of the way space. What it all comes down to is common courtesy. Just because they have a child on board doesn't mean they have to be stuck in their cabin.

When you board look at the table asignment and talk to the Maitre'D and ask for a place where you can have the stroller close to you in case you need to bring it. Then hopefully everyone will be understanding to the situation.

Good luck to everyone.

Archived