Strollers in Dining Room

This is going to be my first cruise and I was wondering do they allow strollers in the dining room? If not, can you request a high chair at your table before you cruise or should this be done the first night at dinner? Also, can you call RCI ahead of time to request a pack n play? Thank to anyone who can help.:confused:

We are traveling with my brother and sister-in-law and they have young children. We have already requested a pack n play to be put in the room. Our TA took care of this but I had completely forgot high chair/booster seat for at dinner.

Any request you can make ahead of time is better for you. The pack-n-plays are limited to some amount so get your dibs in early. Strollers are allowed in the dining room and you can get a high chair. A year ago when we were on the Voyager with our 5-1/2 month grandson, we had a table back toward the kitchen area where there was room to stow the stroller. There were several other young children in this area so it looked like a well planned arrangement.smile.gif

Strollers in the Dining room are ok. Depending on your table location they can either put it folded near the window or out of the way. It does not really work that well to keep it unfolded next to the table as the waiters need to get around the table to serve. We managed it the last night with a smaller umbrella stroller, but it was not the easiest.

On Celebrity, we had a high chair waiting for us the first night and it was there every night. We had to request a booster on RCCL each time we brought her to dinner.

You can have your TA request a crib in the room.

we just got back from the explorer with our 2 year old grandson

there were strollers in the dinning room and plenty of high chairs

when my grandson got a little edgy the our waiter took him around the dinningroom. the next night the waiter from the next area picked him up.each night a waiter took him. we kept apologizing and my daughter would try to get up to take him out of the dinning room but the waiter told us that a few of the waiters have kids at home and really love playing with the babies that come on board. even during one of the dinner parades our waiter didn't do that one instead he took my grandson up front to see. the staff was amazing

all over the ship with our grandson.

RCI prefers that strollers NOT be brought into the dining room. I have seen strollers left at the door to the dining room. I know that they can be hazardous to the waiters and asst. waiters. Please leave the stroller in your stateroom and request a high chair. Thanks for your consideration. :)

Cindy ;)

The dining area is not large enough for strollers. Most areas are to confined for a stroller. Just leave it at home.

This is a personal opinion, not a fact. It is also untrue.

It seems that raerae is speaking for Royal Caribbean (RCI prefers that strollers NOT be brought into the dining room.) Does anyone ever recall seeing this in any of their literature or online? Wonder if this applies to wheelchairs, also? Again, personal opinion.

springtxbill hits it on the nose---the crew love the little ones, especially the babies. The dining room will do whatever is necessary to arrange things so space is available for a stroller.

What if the little ones prefer their walkers with wheels to the strollers? Then the wait staff would just have to give the walker a little tap with their foot to move the wee ones out of their way as they served dinner. :D And the children would be happy as they could investigate the dining room as their parents ate. No crying and no whining. This could be a perfect world. :D:D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :) The image just popped into my head and wouldn't go away........

we asked about strollers (ultimately didn't bring on into the dinning room) and were told no problem. the only thing that was strongly suggested that we book the early dinner and i think that i what most people with small children did.

I specifically saw a sign saying NO STROLLERS in Dining area.They are a tremendous safety hazard and inconvenience for all pax in the dining room.

I have had my ankles run into by them and also others. Wait staff have a hard enough time without trying to manouver around them.

If the baby must come to dinner in the fine dining area , then carry them as requested and put them in a high chair supplied by the wait staff.

(make sure you tip tripple for the extra effort made to accommodate the baby)

I specifically saw a sign saying NO STROLLERS in Dining area.They are a tremendous safety hazard and inconvenience for all pax in the dining room.

(make sure you tip tripple for the extra effort made to accommodate the baby)

I gotta disagree with you on this one. Strollers are no more of safety hazard than walkers, wheelchairs or scooters. I did see those items being put to a parking area, folded up, or parked right at the table.

folgy,

I think that some of the adult passengers are more work on the waitstaff than a baby! But I know how you feel about children. I don't have a problem leaving the stroller in an out of the way place and using a highchair. It's a good point some have made about wheelchairs and walkers, they aren't any smaller than a small stroller.

Wheelchairs and walkers are a medical necessity and really shouldn't be compared to a recreational vehicle like a stroller. What is wrong with you people? Do you really think that people in a wheelchair would choose that mode of travel?

There is no comparison and to do so is just plain rude. Whenever anybody makes a remark about unruly children, people compare adults to children. If an adult is rude you can call them on it, however, if a child is rude and you call them on it, their parents are down your throat defending the little pain in the butts.

Wheelchairs and walkers are a medical necessity and really shouldn't be compared to a recreational vehicle like a stroller. What is wrong with you people? Do you really think that people in a wheelchair would choose that mode of travel?

There is no comparison and to do so is just plain rude. Whenever anybody makes a remark about unruly children, people compare adults to children. If an adult is rude you can call them on it, however, if a child is rude and you call them on it, their parents are down your throat defending the little pain in the butts.

I don't think it is rude, I think the point is, accomodations can be made for a person in a wheelchair as well as for a stroller or highchair. :) I never said that I absolutely needed a stroller, if you note in my origional post I did inquire about them having highchairs. On this thread, I don't think the issue is about unruly children, just if the dining room had highchairs.

I gotta disagree with you on this one. Strollers are no more of safety hazard than walkers, wheelchairs or scooters. I did see those items being put to a parking area, folded up, or parked right at the table.

I think the difference between the walkers, wheelchairs, scooters and Strollers is that a stroller is specifically for a small child. I would hope that either the child is small enough he/she could be carried into the dining room and put in a high chair, or if the child is too heavy to carry---I would think they would be able to walk on their own. To say that walkers and wheelchairs are a safety hazard is quite unfair to those that are physically challenged. They depend on those to get around. I would believe your child doesn't 'depend' on a stroller---more like the parent depends on the stroller.

You are on a ship, not a shopping mall. I have never seen anything about RCI policy but it is a fact that a ship is very confinded. And its ok to flame me for my opinion, strollers should be outlawed.

And then people would complain that toddlers are running loose in the halls. Strollers are a way of confining, and even entertaining children, and are not a bother if their users practice simple courtesy.

Archived